Travel to Wick and Canisbay - need information

  • juliepark47
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 6, 2007
      I am planning to travel to Wick and Canisbay in April and would like to
      know what the conditions would be like travelling from Edinburgh by car
      for example are there lots of winding roads and steep terrain or is it
      quite easy.
      My ancestor Isabel Warse was born in Wick in 1772 to donald Warse and
      Helen McGregor who were married in Canisbay. How close is Canisbay to
      Wick? We are travelling from Australia so have no idea of distances and
      I would love to do some family history research while we are there.
      Any clues where I should start?
      Regards Julie