Re: [wichitavegetariansandvegans] (unknown)

  • Denise Greathouse
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 14, 2008
      I wish this group would have taken off but unfortunately Wichita is not the most vegetarian or vegan friendly community.Not sure where you are moving from, I moved from Dallas, but the grocery stores here are getting better. I would recommend Green Acres or Food for Thought for organic and vegan products. They have the best selection. There is a "Whole Foods" here but it is a locally owned place. Not like the huge chain around the country (that I really miss). There are no vegetarian restaurants here either.I wold be happy to tell you which one's I go to if you are interested. For some reason the town is kinda divided east and west. I can let you know the veggie friendly restaurants on either side. Good luck being vegan, I was a vegetarian for 7 years before I switched.
      Denise

      ashlee_l <ASHLEE_L@...> wrote:
      Hey! I hope this group is still active! I am a vegan (only 2 months of
      vegan), but was a vegetarian for 5 years. I will be moving to Wichita
      this summer and will be looking for a veg community. Also - I will be
      looking for a supermarket with organic and vegan products. Any
      available? Any pointers will be greatly appreciated!

    • ashlee_l
      Message 2 of 3 , Jun 29, 2008
        Denise,
        Thank you for the suggestions (and sorry I am so slow in responding).
        I know I will miss our local grocery stores here and hope I can find
        the same products in Wichita. I will be somewhat centrally located, so
        if you have any suggestions for good food, let me know. On my visits I
        have had Thai, Japanese, and Lebanese - all of which I liked. Do you
        have any Indian or Ethiopian restaurants that you know of? Hopefully
        you have found a good veg community since your move from Dallas. I am
        moving from SD and will be in Wichita in 2 more weeks. SD isn't very
        veg friendly, but I have been able to help out with a local group
        which is great for support. If you have any suggestions for ways to
        meet like-minded individuals, groups, or gatherings, please let me
        know. Thanks!

        --- In wichitavegetariansandvegans@yahoogroups.com, Denise Greathouse