9Re: (unknown)

  • ashlee_l
    Jun 29, 2008
      Denise,
      Thank you for the suggestions (and sorry I am so slow in responding).
      I know I will miss our local grocery stores here and hope I can find
      the same products in Wichita. I will be somewhat centrally located, so
      if you have any suggestions for good food, let me know. On my visits I
      have had Thai, Japanese, and Lebanese - all of which I liked. Do you
      have any Indian or Ethiopian restaurants that you know of? Hopefully
      you have found a good veg community since your move from Dallas. I am
      moving from SD and will be in Wichita in 2 more weeks. SD isn't very
      veg friendly, but I have been able to help out with a local group
      which is great for support. If you have any suggestions for ways to
      meet like-minded individuals, groups, or gatherings, please let me
      know. Thanks!

      --- In wichitavegetariansandvegans@yahoogroups.com, Denise Greathouse
      <deniseg79@...> wrote:

      > I wish this group would have taken off but unfortunately Wichita is
      not the most vegetarian or vegan friendly community.Not sure where you
      are moving from, I moved from Dallas, but the grocery stores here are
      getting better. I would recommend Green Acres or Food for Thought for
      organic and vegan products. They have the best selection. There is a
      "Whole Foods" here but it is a locally owned place. Not like the huge
      chain around the country (that I really miss). There are no vegetarian
      restaurants here either.I wold be happy to tell you which one's I go
      to if you are interested. For some reason the town is kinda divided
      east and west. I can let you know the veggie friendly restaurants on
      either side. Good luck being vegan, I was a vegetarian for 7 years
      before I switched.
      > Denise
      >
      > ashlee_l <ASHLEE_L@...> wrote: Hey! I
      hope this group is still active! I am a vegan (only 2 months of
      > vegan), but was a vegetarian for 5 years. I will be moving to Wichita
      > this summer and will be looking for a veg community. Also - I will be
      > looking for a supermarket with organic and vegan products. Any
      > available? Any pointers will be greatly appreciated!

    • Show all 3 messages in this topic