A CALL FOR ASSISTANCE

  • rosechild@cheerful.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 13, 2004
      A CALL FOR ASSISTANCE:

      We need you to make a phone call or an email to support our
      rights.

      Yesterday, Our good friend, Mike Smith, at Crafty Crafters Expo
      had an event canceled at the last minute by the Fox Valley Park
      District in Aurora, Illinois. The reason for the cancelation was
      that it promoted Witchcraft and Paganism and the district did
      not want to be involved with that. As some may know, The Crafty
      Craft Expo's are one of the places where Witch School teaches
      free classes. They park district did this at the last minute
      even though they had the contract since September last year, and
      in July 2002 had been host to the event.

      A community wide call is being sent because we want Fox Valley
      Park District to reconsider, and allow the event to continue.
      Anything less will force Mike into a lawsuit which nobody wants.
      Last year you all made the difference in Hoopeston by letting
      the town know what they did was wrong. Today,Witch School has
      been asked to help. We want this district to do the same and
      apologize, allowing Crafty Craft Expo to go on Feb. 22nd. (The
      website is Craftycrafterexpo.com).

      What I would like from all of you is to make one call. Be it
      you're a Merchant, were planning to attend the Expo or not
      contact Mr. Robert Vaughan-Director at the Fox valley Park
      District and discuss his poor decision and violations of your
      Civil
      Rights.

      Robert Vaughan Executive Director
      630-897-0516
      Paul Heinkel Deputy Director of Recreation Services
      630-897-0516
      William Donnell Superintendent of Parks
      630-897-0516

      Fox Valley Park District email is: fvpd@...

      Also the Mayor of Aurora is Mayor David L. Stover, and he can be
      called at 630-892-8811,and he should be informed that his city
      has been tarred by this discrimination.

      If want to help more contact Mike at Mike@...
      or Eric at woad@...

      On behalf of Mike Smith and all of us, Thank you
      Thank You for Your Continued Support!
      We Continue to add Classes and Courses
      Growing to meet the Educational Needs
      http://www.WitchSchool.com/main.asp