581Platteville Open - Sunday, September 7 - 1:00 p.m.

  • Mark Mauthe
    Aug 26, 2014

      To all,

      I sent out a prior email about the date changing for the Platteville Open.  The official date will be Sunday, September 7 and the start time will be 1:00 p.m.

      This will be a sanctioned singles tournament self-scoring on the scoreboards.

      This is the weekend of the Platteville Dairy Days festival.  Things kick off Friday night at 5 p.m. with carnival rides, a flea market, live music, and a truck pull starting at 7.

      Saturday is the flea market starting at 9 a.m., parade at 9:30 a.m., 4H exhibits and judging, cheese tasting, kids tractor pull, bean bag tournament, food eating contest, tractor pull, and other things.

      Sunday things wrap up with the flea market, a lawnmower pull, antique tractor pull, entertainment, etc.....

      Bottom line is there is a lot going on up there surrounding the horseshoe courts.

      For complete details here is the website http://plattevilledairydays.com/

      Friday night we do an unsanctioned high percent paired with low percent tournament.  Fee is $5 and all the money gets paid back out.  It is more of a just for fun tournament with a lot of the league members playing.  Call me if you are interested in that.  Register by 6:30 p.m. and start at around 7

      Regarding the Sunday sanctioned Platteville Open.  Honestly I'm not expecting much for entries and we could end with almost no one from the outside entering.  That's happened before so no big deal.  If there is a massive spread I will most likely run it kind of like a league tournament with handicap to make it more enjoyable and competitive.  If that is the case I might just call it more of a qualifier and only charge $1 for expenses.  We will play it as it comes.  For now I will say that the entry fee will be $15 and will see if anyone enters.

      This will be a very different tournament experience to say the least for those that enter.  It is a full on carnival with the rides set up in the field adjacent to the courts.  Lots of noise from that and the tractor pull so potentially annoying to some.  I figure if it is noisy all the time then it isn't a distraction.  We shouldn't have to worry about food because the 4H runs a food stand in the shelter and there are other vendors about.  All that stuff does wrap up Sunday afternoon though.  Parking will be pretty much impossible near the courts so the best bet will be down by the swimming pool.

      Jane Smith has her tournament running this weekend so if you normally attend hers or another tournament I would recommend you do that as ours might be kind of a bust.

      At any rate if you are interested in the Friday night tournament or the Platteville Open you may call me on my cell and leave a message 563-495-7025 or drop me an email and I will respond back so you know I got it.

      I would ask that you not mail an entry for this one.

      I will take entries for the Platteville Open through this weekend at the State Tournament in Beloit.  I will be there on Sunday.

      Please pass on this info to those you think might be interested.

      Thanks,

      Mark Mauthe
      563-495-7025