Re: [whidbeylostdogs] Our dog is home!

  • Curtis Bland
    Message 1 of 4 , Mar 14, 2002
      Very happy for you all! Thank goodness for the same return.

      Could this be the same dog that the Skagit Animal Control Officer picked up
      wandering the intersection of Hwy 20 and Sharpe's Corner on Tuesday morning?
      I was at the Anacortes Animal Hospital when the ACO came in and talked to
      her, but didn't see the dog, didn't know what kind it was or I might have
      been able to tell her there was a Shar Pei missing from South Whidbey. Just
      happy you're all back together. Barb Bland

      Message 2 of 4 , Mar 14, 2002
        So happy for all of you that NoBee is home but bet he is happiest of all!!
        Pat
        > By nothing short of a miracle NoBee is home! He was found wandering
        > downtown Anacortes by someone and turned over to Anacortes Animal
        > Hospital. Slated to be put down after being kept a few days and noone
        > claiming him, Sue Felner who works there is a longtime Shar Pei lover
        > who arranged for a 1 day reprieve while she contacted friend
        > Debbie (Freeland) to see if she would do a rescue. Debbie agreed and
        > just by chance went to Freeland post office yesterday.....saw my
        > flyer and gave me a call! We met last night and NoBee came home!
        > It is the opinion of all involved that Nolbert was taken from our
        > property and then dumped in Anacortes by the thief....given the short
        > time, long distance, fact Nolbert never leaves the yard etc. Please,
        > PLEASE! watch your animals closely....in our circumstances the door
        > to our home was even opened by someone and our other animals were
        > wandering our yard when we returned home. Debbie told me they have
        > rescued several Shar Peis on the mainland that were obviously victims
        > of theft. It is assumed that this kind of dog will bring a hefty
        > price and when the thieves find this is not true without papers they
        > are simply dumped. This could happen to any dog.....even yours and it
        > has been torturous for us. Someone here on the island last week
        > committed this crime so please be aware it could happen to you too. We
        > pray no one else ever has to go through this.
        > We are eternally greatful to all who kept their eyes open for
        > NoBee and assisted in his return home!
        > Thank You!
        > Lanette Hayworth

        > If you have lost your dog, don't forget to contact
        > Animal Shelter on the Seaplane Base. Visit the shelters
        > yourself to check for your dog. Check out the WAIF web
        > site to see if you recognize a dog currently at the
        > shelter ( http://www.waifanimals.org/dogs/dogs.asp ). If you have found a
        dog, notify the shelters also,
        > as well as other places dog owners may contact
        > (like the veterinary clinics.) A dog license tag
        > or other ID on the dog will help return the animal
        > home safely.
        >
        > If you use the REPLY function in your email program to respond to a
        message from this list, all members of the list will see your reply. If you
        want to reply to one specific message poster, please use their email address
        in a new message you create.

        > Has Your Dog Wagged Its Tail Today?
        > www.whidbey.net/fetch

      • Barbara Harper
        Message 3 of 4 , Mar 15, 2002
          Yes....he did end up at Anacortes Animal Hosp though I am unsure of what
          day. He disappeared from our home on March 7th-Thurs. We are just ever so
          greatful for his safe return home and the help and concern of so many animal
          lovers! Thanks to you all!