Found: black Lab mix

  • Barb
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 2, 2006
      At Joseph Whidbey State Park between 5:30 and 6:30 tonite I found a
      handsome young neutered male Black Lab mix. No collar. He acted as if
      he had been dumped within the previous several hours. Was in the
      parking lot at the beach looking very intently at every vehicle and
      every person, but not readily touchable.

      He walked with my dog. Socialized very well with several other dogs,
      but was uninterested in their humans.

      I would guess from his beautiful white young teeth that he is 2-4 years
      old. Big tall, strong boy! He must weigh around 90 lbs. Handsome Lab
      head, but has a small white "tuxedo" on his chest, a little white on his
      throat and right front foot.

      Not at all street savvy, as he meandered down the middle of Crosby Road
      after he left the park. I finally caught him and brought him home to
      spend tonite. He will go to WAIF in Coupeville first thing Sat.
      morning. Rides in the car well. Likes the front passenger seat. Eager
      eater. Gentle. Has had some obedience training: he seems to know how
      to heel, sit, come, "kennel up." Went right into an airline crate for
      the nite.

      Hope there's someone out there looking for him. He's a winner.