ChakaDog....

  • chalitsu
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 18, 2006
      I wanted to thank you all again for your continuing support and
      encouragement of our efforts to rehab our beautiful pal, Chaka, after
      his "stroke", actually a fibrocartilaginous embolism. And to those of
      you who encouraged me to "put him down" or "put him to sleep"...(I
      have news; they really aren't sleeping!).... I would like to say this
      to you; last night, exactly one month to the day and hour of his
      stroke, he got up and walked several steps, looking just like he did
      before the incident. He is beginning to remember. He actually was
      motivated by my son zooming past on a skateboard that I bought to roll
      Chaka around on, being too heavy to keep lifting. He got up and took
      off after Christian while we cheered wildly. I honestly believe that
      this guy is going to make a full recovery. It was just unbelievable
      to see him go from "stuffed dog" to this. I guess it goes without
      saying that lots of faith and hard work can, in some instances, keep
      your animal (and with him...you) alive. Keep the faith!
      Thanks again.
      Mark Gaggia et al