Dog Sighting

  • drmwvrgroomer
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 11, 2005
      Australian Cattle Dog Sighting

      Silver/Blue Australian Cattle Dog with Black Ears was heading North on
      Hwy. 525 just North of Maxwelton Road about 7pm this evening. I was
      headed Southbound and turned around and tried to get him/her to come
      to me to try to bring the dog off of the highway. It was fearful and
      didn't let me come close. Followed with blinkers to get traffic to
      slow down so the dog wouldn't get hit, it wouldn't leave the highway
      and was running from side to side and down the middle. Tried again
      with several other people to slow down traffic and get the dog off of
      the highway. It finally ended up leaving the highway and disappeared
      into the forest. Had a collar on, but could get close enough to get a
      good look. I'm hoping it made it back home or to where it was headed.
      Wanted to post this just in case someone was looking for this dog.
      The dog seemed to be in good health and had a healthy looking coat.
      Just wish it would have trusted me enough to let me get near it. I'm
      hoping it doesn't go back onto the highway. I just wish poeple would
      be more careful about their companions to make sure they are kept
      secure in their own homes and yards and not left to run loose to end
      up injured or dead on the side of the road!

      Warm Fuzzies,
      Laurie Cecil
      Owner of Laurie's Warm Fuzzies Professional Animal Grooming