Two Apparent Pit Bulls Lost? - Greenbank area

  • M. Folsom
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 5, 2001
      This evening, while in the Greenbank area at a friend's home, two brown, apparent Pit Bulls, no collars, came running into her back yard. (I live in Oak Harbor.) They appear in good shape. I didn't get a close look at them, but someone said one appeared to be full-blooded pit bull, and the other maybe a mix. My friend said that the dogs have been around the area for the past few days and she has checked with neighbors and no one seems to know who they belong to.

      The house where I was is at the very end of Christie Road, off of Lagoon Point Road in Greenbank. The dogs have also been seen in the area of Day Road, near the Lagoon Point Road end of Day Road.

      There is concern among the neighbors because they appear to be Pit Bulls. They would not come near a houseguest of my friend's, and in fact, growled and barked at her, before running off.

      I hope that someone reading this is either missing these two dogs, or knows of someone who is missing them. One name mentioned to me as a contact was the Bennett's on Day Road, who have done some calling around to see if they could locate the dogs' owner/s. I believe that Island County Animal Control is going to be called tomorrow.

      Good Luck! I hope this helps.