found- Oak Harbor

  • marilynlindsey2002
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 19, 2004
      Found Saturday 9/18, 9am, just north of Safeway on Highway 20- one
      very scared female Weimaraner-type dog. To me she looks like a
      taupe colored Weimeraner with a tail. She has yellow eyes and a
      white patch on her chest. No collar or microchip.
      It took me 20 minutes to get her comfortable enough to follow a
      trail of doggie cookies into the back of my explorer- and I had to
      keep my distance for her to do that. Once she was in the safety of
      the car she was a totally different dog- relaxed, comfortable and
      very sweet.
      WAIF wouldn't take her cuz I found her in the city limits and I
      couldn't get on base to take her to the city animal shelter cuz I
      didn't have my current insurance card on me, so I took her to the
      Best Friends Vet Hospital. They made sure she wasn't microchipped
      then said they'd keep her until animal control came to get her.
      She is a very sweet girl - I really hope someone on this list can
      connect her with her family. Let me know - I fell in love with her
      while we were driving around trying to figure out the best way to
      get her home. I want this to have a happy ending for her!
      Marilyn Lindsey
    • heather166@aol.com
      Message 2 of 2 , Sep 19, 2004
        In a message dated 9/19/04 1:37:57 AM, marilynlindsey@... writes:

        > I want this to have a happy ending for her!

        Bless you Marilyn!