found golden lab

  • navski07
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 27, 2004
      I have an older female lab staying with me right now who literally
      just showed up at my door one day. I live off of henni road just
      ourside of Oak harbor. She showed up about a week to a week and a
      half ago. I will keep her until someone claims her...she seems to
      have arthritus, she limps around everywhere, and she has a purple
      spot on her left side right next to her tail. If anyone has and
      information PLEASE let me know so I can get her home!!

      thanks!
      mikayla
    • FETCH!
      Message 2 of 2 , Aug 27, 2004
        Please make sure that you run a "found" ad, and notify both the Oak Harbor
        and Coupeville animal shelters when you find a dog. That, along with this
        Whidbey lost dogs email group should cover all the bases.

        Has your dog wagged its tail today?
        FETCH!
        www.whidbey.net/fetch
        fetch@...
        360) 321-4049
        > I have an older female lab staying with me right now who literally
        > just showed up at my door one day. I live off of henni road just
        > ourside of Oak harbor. She showed up about a week to a week and a
        > half ago. I will keep her until someone claims her...she seems to
        > have arthritus, she limps around everywhere, and she has a purple
        > spot on her left side right next to her tail. If anyone has and
        > information PLEASE let me know so I can get her home!!
        >
        > thanks!
        > mikayla

        > If you have lost your dog, don't forget to contact and VISIT
        > Animal Shelter on the Seaplane Base. It is very important to visit the
        shelters yourself to check for your dog -- shelter staff may not recognize
        your dog from a description over the telephone. Check out the WAIF web site
        to see if you recognize a dog currently at the
        > shelter ( http://www.waifanimals.org/). If you have found a dog, notify
        the shelters also, as well as other places dog owners may contact (like the
        veterinary clinics.) A dog license tag
        > or other ID on the dog will help return the animal home safely. Consider a
        microchip -- a stolen dog will have its tags removed before being dumped, so
        a microchip might help return your dog home.

        > If you use the REPLY function in your email program to respond to a
        message from this list, all members of the list will see your reply. If you
        want to reply to one specific message poster, please use their email address
        in a new message you create.