Lost dog in Clinton?

  • martha burdick
    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 9, 2004
      Apparently lost dog in Clinton near gas station next to Dairy Queen about
      11:30 p.m. Tuesday night.

      Tried to get her into car and could not (maybe because I had another dog in
      the car).

      Female (I think), shepherd mix? German Shepherd type markings but short
      ears. Body much shorter and chunkier than shepherd.

      Maybe 65 pounds--somewhat overweight.

      Very spooked but seeking attention from people.

      Service station clerk said the dog had been hanging around for about an hour
      and tried to come in the store--a customer cliamed dog had been seen around
      there before.

      Had tags from S. Whidbey vet clinic and Midway clinic in Oak Harbor but no
      ID tag.

    • Maxwelton Valley Gardens
      Message 2 of 3 , Jun 9, 2004
        This sounds like ex-shelter dog "Polly Esther." She "lives" at the wood
        carving place in that area and has been reported as being a stray before.
        Not sure of her new name or why no name tags.

        Ron Kerrigan

        >Apparently lost dog in Clinton near gas station next to Dairy Queen about
        >11:30 p.m. Tuesday night.
        >
        >Tried to get her into car and could not (maybe because I had another dog in
        >the car).
        >
        >Female (I think), shepherd mix? German Shepherd type markings but short
        >ears. Body much shorter and chunkier than shepherd.
        >
        >Maybe 65 pounds--somewhat overweight.
        >
        >Very spooked but seeking attention from people.
        >
        >Service station clerk said the dog had been hanging around for about an
        hour
        >and tried to come in the store--a customer cliamed dog had been seen around
        >there before.
        >
        >Had tags from S. Whidbey vet clinic and Midway clinic in Oak Harbor but no
        >ID tag.

        >MSN Toolbar provides one-click access to Hotmail from any Web page – FREE
        >download! http://toolbar.msn.click-url.com/go/onm00200413ave/direct/01/
        >

        >Please send email to this group only to report a
        >dog that you have lost or found.
        >
        >If you have lost your dog, don't forget to contact and VISIT
        >the WAIF Animal Shelter in Coupeville and the Oak Harbor
        >Animal Shelter on the Seaplane Base. It is very important to visit the
        shelters yourself to check for your dog -- shelter staff may not recognize
        your dog from a description over the telephone. Check out the WAIF web site
        to see if you recognize a dog currently at the
        >shelter ( http://www.waifanimals.org/). If you have found a dog, notify the
        shelters also, as well as other places dog owners may contact (like the
        veterinary clinics.) A dog license tag
        >or other ID on the dog will help return the animal home safely. Consider a
        microchip -- a stolen dog will have its tags removed before being dumped, so
        a microchip might help return your dog home.

        >If you use the REPLY function in your email program to respond to a message
        from this list, all members of the list will see your reply. If you want to
        reply to one specific message poster, please use their email address in a
        new message you create.

        >Yahoo! Groups Links

      • WAIF
        Message 3 of 3 , Jun 9, 2004
          This dog was here about 4 years ago and was named and still is "Tora",
          female shep./Rott mix. She was already redeemed. Donna