lost? golden retreiver

  • geeman
    Message 1 of 4 , May 4 7:17 PM
      A week ago monday, my friends came home to their Wilkenson Rd. home outside of langley (very near the vineyard) to find their 15 year old dog dead on her teather and their 4 or 5 year old golden retreiver gone. She has never been gone more than an hour before. They have several acres there and the dog used to run the property, but always returned. The golden's name is Frankie and may very well have a ball in her mouth. She is of medium build and not wearing her collar, tho she has a chip between the shoulder blades or on the back of her neck.
      If anyone has seen the dog or knows anything about what might have happened there, please contact Mark Gaggia at gee@... and I will pass the info on to my friends.
      I suggested that he contact the sheriff, as it seemed strange to me that such a thing could happen in one day. He feels that they might have been accidently poisened the day before, but I just don't see how the older dog could have been playing on Sunday and dead on monday. It is a sad story, whatever.
      Thanks in advance,
      Mark G.

    • Sherrie Short
      Message 2 of 4 , May 7 9:23 PM
        There is a note posted on the bulletin board at the Pay Less Grocery in Freeland about
        a found golden retreiver. The phone number listed is 331-1323.

        geeman <gee@...> wrote:
[...]

        Please send email to this group only to report a
        dog that you have lost or found.

        If you have lost your dog, don't forget to contact and VISIT
        the WAIF Animal Shelter in Coupeville and the Oak Harbor
        Animal Shelter on the Seaplane Base. It is very important to visit the shelters yourself to check for your dog -- shelter staff may not recognize your dog from a description over the telephone. Check out the WAIF web site to see if you recognize a dog currently at the
        shelter ( http://www.waifanimals.org/dogs/dogs.asp ). If you have found a dog, notify the shelters also, as well as other places dog owners may contact (like the veterinary clinics.) A dog license tag
        or other ID on the dog will help return the animal home safely. Consider a microchip -- a stolen dog will have its tags removed before being dumped, so a microchip might help return your dog home.

        If you use the REPLY function in your email program to respond to a message from this list, all members of the list will see your reply. If you want to reply to one specific message poster, please use their email address in a new message you create.

        Yahoo! Groups SponsorADVERTISEMENT

      • SPHalsey
        Message 3 of 4 , May 8 9:02 AM
          There was also a report in Wednesday's South Whidbey Record (Sheriff's
          Report) about an injured Golden Retriever found near Maxwelton.

          Sarah Halsey
          Persistent Image, Inc.
          www.persistentimage.com
          sphalsey@...

          Be the master of your will and the slave of your conscience.
          - Hasidic saying

          geeman <gee@...> wrote:
[...]

          <http://rd.yahoo.com/SIG=129urlaag/M=295196.4901138.6071305.3001176/D=gr
          oups/S=1705016061:HM/EXP=1084076622/A=2128215/R=0/SIG=10se96mf6/*http://
          companion.yahoo.com> click here

          s/S=:HM/A=2128215/rand=759128017>

          _____

          Yahoo! Groups Links

        • geeman
          Message 4 of 4 , May 8 11:23 AM
            Thanks a lot. I called and left a message with the folks and am keeping my
            fingers crossed. Mark G.