UPDATE: Sighting of 2 Lost Dogs-Central Whidbey

  • grosso@whidbey.net
    Message 1 of 4 , May 17, 2001
      Thanks for the insight Curtis. It is something that we did think
      about and we have gone to most homes in our area and talked with the
      folks.

      We have actually blanketed the homes in our area with flyers as well,
      putting them in their mail boxes and called the neighbors we know
      (very rural area here abouts with many "weekend" home folks). In
      addition we have posted more rain proof signs along the
      road/highway. After discovering this egroup we E-mailed all of our
      contacts on Whidbey Island with the link and our missing dog info.
      Hopefully, this will encourage more folks to sign up and be the eyes
      and ears needed for us to help each other in time of need for our
      pets.

      The BIG NEWS is that our efforts paid off TODAY 5/17 when we received
      a phone call from one of our neighbors who had received the flyer and
      reported that early this morning (6 a.m.) on their way to work (they
      walk down to meet the Island Transit to commute to Seattle 3 days a
      week) they spotted our two dogs coming out of the woods less than a
      mile from our house near the highway. Right where Houston Road meets
      Highway 525. They said the flyer helped because they knew who to
      call and that someone was missing dogs to begin with...or they might
      have dismissed them out of hand. We have made an initial search of
      the area they were spotted only a few hours after their sighting but
      so far no luck recovering the two pups but our family plans to go
      back "en mass" again after work/school this p.m. But atleast we know
      they are alive, together and appear to be in good shape...and not too
      far from home. We also posted a flyer with Island Transit yesterday
      since our home is only a mile off Highway 525 and the drivers make
      that route every 30 minutes all day long. We called them to let them
      know where the dogs were sighted so they could keep their eyes open
      specifically in that area. Our concern now is that our dogs will
      stray into traffic and be injured but we have to keep hoping they
      miss us as much as we miss them and the training we've already done
      with them to stay away from cars and trouble.

      Appreciate all the morale support that this site offers and your
      feedback Curtis.

      Thanks to all!

      The Grosso Family