chocolate lab hit by car-

  • Christine Nyburg
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 24, 2009
      From Lucinda Herring in Langley:

      I hit a chocolate lab male dog, not neutered, older, on Coles Road
      (tonight) Monday the 23rd. I never saw him but felt the impact and
      heard him yelling and found him. Please, if you know of anyone who
      owns such a dog, please get in touch with me. I drove him to Dr.
      Moody in Coupeville after hours (an equine vet who is the only
      emergency after hours vet on the island) The dog possibly has a broken
      leg or hip and needs x rays. He is stable and not in a life
      threatening situation, but obviously in pain and needs attention. He
      is comfortable tonight, but it is crucial that we find the owner
      immediately. He has a blue collar and was tethered to a wire and
      metal rope that rusted through and broke. That is why he was loose.
      He is not microchipped and has no tags. Please send this around to
      anyone who may know the owner of this dog. He is very sweet and
      loving, and has obviously been loved.

      I don't want to have to send him to WAIF or Animal Control, and he
      will need immediate vet assistance for his leg. Please send out the
      word to as many people as you can.

      Thank you, Lucinda
      221-6554
      lizalu@...