Offer: Found dog needs a home (Oak Harbor)

  • usn_submariner_wife
    Message 1 of 1 , May 29, 2009
      I found this dog 2 weeks ago and no one has claimed him (I called the local shelter, put an ad in the paper, put up signs). So, I am offering him to a new home (that we will interview). I would keep this smart & loving little guy, if we did not already have 2 of our own (that's all our landlord allows).

      He needs to be indoors, definitely likes the indoors better than outdoors. He loves to walk daily, to get out some energy. Inside, he is calm and loves to sit in your lap. He barks at other dogs, although in the 2 weeks we've had him, we've trained A LOT of this out of him. He is very loving, but would likely do best with older children or no children. He craves attention and is very smart (and house-trained). No micro-chip, so you may want to do that! Also, he is NOT neutered, but if you did that I think that would curb the barking at other dogs and calm him down a bit. Also, he could really use a groomer--he has some stuff stuck in his hair from his journey through the forest. I bathed him, but cannot get it out... besides, he needs a hair cut and I think he would LOVE the TLC.

      He comes with what I have provided him during his stay at our home: a bed, water/food bowls, toys, leash & harness and a bag of dog food. Please, check out the photos and let me know if you'd like to add him to your home & the reason you want him. I am asking a re-homing fee (not much, just want to make sure he is going to a home that actually wants him & is not taking him to cause him harm). We are willing to drive to meet you in your home (Whidbey Island, Mt. Vernon, Bellingham, Anacortes, etc.). Would like to have him a new home this weekend, as we are getting ready to move and can no longer take on the added responsibility. Thank you.

      http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c362/shannahf/IMG_0819-1.jpg

      http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c362/shannahf/IMG_0822-1.jpg

      http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c362/shannahf/IMG_0826-1.jpg