Re: [whidbeylostdogs] 2 Lost Dogs-Central Whidbey

  • Curtis Bland
    Message 1 of 4 , May 17, 2001
      Just want to comment that recently a small, well-behaved white Westie was
      lost in Coupeville. The owners COVERED town with flyers showing the dog's
      photo. Someone finally "ratted" on a neighbor who had kept the dog inside
      his home "because the dog sat down when he asked it to." !!!

      These owners had gone house-to-house and THAT alone seems to be the
      principal reason they finally got their dog back.

      Message 2 of 4 , May 17, 2001

      • grosso@whidbey.net
        Message 3 of 4 , May 17, 2001
          Thanks for the insight Curtis. It is something that we did think
          about and we have gone to most homes in our area and talked with the
          folks.

          We have actually blanketed the homes in our area with flyers as well,
          putting them in their mail boxes and called the neighbors we know
          (very rural area here abouts with many "weekend" home folks). In
          addition we have posted more rain proof signs along the
          road/highway. After discovering this egroup we E-mailed all of our
          contacts on Whidbey Island with the link and our missing dog info.
          Hopefully, this will encourage more folks to sign up and be the eyes
          and ears needed for us to help each other in time of need for our
          pets.

          The BIG NEWS is that our efforts paid off TODAY 5/17 when we received
          a phone call from one of our neighbors who had received the flyer and
          reported that early this morning (6 a.m.) on their way to work (they
          walk down to meet the Island Transit to commute to Seattle 3 days a
          week) they spotted our two dogs coming out of the woods less than a
          mile from our house near the highway. Right where Houston Road meets
          Highway 525. They said the flyer helped because they knew who to
          call and that someone was missing dogs to begin with...or they might
          have dismissed them out of hand. We have made an initial search of
          the area they were spotted only a few hours after their sighting but
          so far no luck recovering the two pups but our family plans to go
          back "en mass" again after work/school this p.m. But atleast we know
          they are alive, together and appear to be in good shape...and not too
          far from home. We also posted a flyer with Island Transit yesterday
          since our home is only a mile off Highway 525 and the drivers make
          that route every 30 minutes all day long. We called them to let them
          know where the dogs were sighted so they could keep their eyes open
          specifically in that area. Our concern now is that our dogs will
          stray into traffic and be injured but we have to keep hoping they
          miss us as much as we miss them and the training we've already done
          with them to stay away from cars and trouble.

          Appreciate all the morale support that this site offers and your
          feedback Curtis.

          Thanks to all!

          The Grosso Family

          http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/