Found Dog/Lost Again

  • Stephanie Dalton
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 29, 2003
      Oct 29

      When the lights came back on last night around 10:30 in Freeland we had a ginger/nutmeg colored dog the size of a large beagle on our doorstep. We fed her and gave her water and made a bed for her with a feather comforter and I put a red dog coat with a southwest kind of pattern on her so she would stay warm in my truck. (My dog Truman didn't want to share his bed with her
      !) The chest strap has a baby diaper pin attaching it to the coat. When we let her out this morning she went to the end of our driveway, looked over her shoulder as if to say "thank you" and headed up the hill toward Mutiny Bay Road. She wouldn't come back even though we called her. She did not have a collar on. She looked to be older as her muzzle was white and the hair around her tail was thin.
      After we got her to bed last night we saw on the news about the gentleman at South Whidbey State Park who was killed. I heard this morning that he had a dog with him that survived but nobody I've talked to knows if the dog ran away or if someone has it. I thought this dog maybe that one. Anyway if anyone sees a dog in a red coat running around this is where she was this morning. If she belongs to someone else and has gone home she can keep the coat if she wants it. I would like to know if she is okay and made it home safely.

      Stephanie Dalton
      1245 Bush Point Rd
      (2nd drive on the right off SR 520).
      Phone number: 331-5608

    • Joyce Griswold
      Message 2 of 2 , Nov 2, 2003
        I hope she gets home too. Thanks for your beautiful caring.
        joyce