Emergency: lost senior dog, maybe injured

  • martha burdick
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 5, 2003
      I was in a car accident last night (Sat., 1/4) and am still missing one of
      my dogs. She is 15 years old, arthritic, and may be injured.

      The accident happened about 5 pm at SR 525 and Kramer Road (across from the
      Bayview Transfer Station). All 3 of my dogs apparently escaped through a
      broken window in the car. One dog is still missing.

      She is all black, long haired, about 55 pounds (a bit chunky), has a limp in
      her back leg, no collar, small floppy ears. Her name is Lucy. The transfer
      station people said they saw her running towards the back entrance of the
      park (near the battery and free junk section). Lucy is very shy but not
      aggressive. Her tongue is all black (she is a Chow cross).

      If you find her please email or call me (360/331-5978). It seems that my
      voicemail may not be working. If you could help look for her, that would be
      great.

    • FETCH!
      Message 2 of 2 , Jan 5, 2003
        > I was in a car accident last night (Sat., 1/4) and am still missing one of
        > my dogs. She is 15 years old, arthritic, and may be injured.
        >
        > The accident happened about 5 pm at SR 525 and Kramer Road (across from
        the
        > Bayview Transfer Station). All 3 of my dogs apparently escaped through a
        > broken window in the car. One dog is still missing.
        >
        > She is all black, long haired, about 55 pounds (a bit chunky), has a limp
        in
        > her back leg, no collar, small floppy ears. Her name is Lucy. The transfer
        > station people said they saw her running towards the back entrance of the
        > park (near the battery and free junk section). Lucy is very shy but not
        > aggressive. Her tongue is all black (she is a Chow cross).
        >
        > If you find her please email or call me (360/331-5978). It seems that my
        > voicemail may not be working. If you could help look for her, that would
        be
        > great.

        > If you have lost your dog, don't forget to contact and VISIT
        > Animal Shelter on the Seaplane Base. It is very important to visit the
        shelters yourself to check for your dog -- shelter staff may not recognize
        your dog from a description over the telephone. Check out the WAIF web site
        to see if you recognize a dog currently at the
        > shelter ( http://www.waifanimals.org/dogs/dogs.asp ). If you have found a
        dog, notify the shelters also, as well as other places dog owners may
        contact (like the veterinary clinics.) A dog license tag
        > or other ID on the dog will help return the animal home safely. Consider a
        microchip -- a stolen dog will have its tags removed before being dumped, so
        a microchip might help return your dog home.

        > If you use the REPLY function in your email program to respond to a
        message from this list, all members of the list will see your reply. If you
        want to reply to one specific message poster, please use their email address
        in a new message you create.