FOUND: sheltie, Oak Harbor/Coupeville

  • marilynlindsey2002
    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 28, 2002
      A sable sheltie with a blue flowered bandana keeps showing up at
      Anna Eelkema's house and she's anxious to find its owner before it
      gets hit on the highway. She lives on Highway 20 across from the
      Rolling Hills entrance. The dog showed up last week and she took it
      to the Animal Care Center since it had one of their tags on its
      collar. They said the tag was expired but kept the dog. Today
      (Thanksgiving) it showed up again, this time without any collar at
      all. She said it's a very nice, friendly dog - not sure if it's
      male or female. Since it's a holiday of course everyone is closed.
      If you know where this dog lives please call Anna Eelkema at 678-
      5812 as soon as possible. She's not equipped to keep the dog and
      she's very concerned about it travelling on or crossing the highway.
      Marilyn Lindsey
    • WAIF
      Message 2 of 3 , Nov 28, 2002
        Hi Marilyn! I just tried to call you and let you know who the owner of that
        Sheltie is. I then called the owner and told her to go out and look for her
        dog as I could not give her your phone or Anna's phone. I also tried to
        call Anna, not home, left her a message to call the owner. Owner:Kathy
        Moffett at 1542 Mark St. OH (Rolling Hills) 678-5806. Thank you for letting
        me know. Sincerely, Donna @ Waif Happy Thanksgiving!
      • Marilyn Lindsey
        Message 3 of 3 , Nov 28, 2002
          Hi Donna,
          Thank you!!!! Anna got your message and the owner got her dog. :) I
          don't know Anna but her neighbor is our mail carrier, and she told Anna that
          we have two shelties, so she called to see if it was mine. She went to a
          lot of trouble to find the owner - what a nice lady! This list is wonderful
          - thank you for reading it and getting these two back together again!!! I
          know I'd be heartsick if something ever happened to my dogs!
          Marilyn :)