Jack Russell Terrier

  • Dennis Flynn/Vicki Payne
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 10 8:15 AM
      BlankFound; Jack Russell Terrier, male, white w/black ears and some black on face; on Libbey Road near Penn Cove on Friday 8/9/02. Was running up to every car, stopping traffic and looking for Mom/Dad! No collar, well fed, very friendly-jumped right in my car, and then back out again to continue his search. Taken to WAIF about 2:30 in the afternoon. Could be tourist dog from Ebbey Park? Hope if so, they know where to look.

    • Curtis Bland
      Message 2 of 2 , Aug 11 10:19 AM
        My dog was lost in Ft. Ebey park last weekend and I got permission from the
        ranger to post flyers in the park. Put them in the campground bathrooms and
        within a couple hours got a phonecall from a tourist who had seen both flyer
        and dog. Success! Can you do this?

        > BlankFound; Jack Russell Terrier, male, white w/black ears and some black
        on face; on Libbey Road near Penn Cove on Friday 8/9/02. Was running up to
        every car, stopping traffic and looking for Mom/Dad! No collar, well fed,
        very friendly-jumped right in my car, and then back out again to continue
        his search. Taken to WAIF about 2:30 in the afternoon. Could be tourist
        dog from Ebbey Park? Hope if so, they know where to look.

        > If you have lost your dog, don't forget to contact and VISIT
        > Animal Shelter on the Seaplane Base. It is very important to visit the
        shelters yourself to check for your dog -- shelter staff may not recognize
        your dog from a description over the telephone. Check out the WAIF web site
        to see if you recognize a dog currently at the
        > shelter ( http://www.waifanimals.org/dogs/dogs.asp ). If you have found a
        dog, notify the shelters also, as well as other places dog owners may
        contact (like the veterinary clinics.) A dog license tag
        > or other ID on the dog will help return the animal home safely. Consider a
        microchip -- a stolen dog will have its tags removed before being dumped, so
        a microchip might help return your dog home.

        > If you use the REPLY function in your email program to respond to a
        message from this list, all members of the list will see your reply. If you
        want to reply to one specific message poster, please use their email address
        in a new message you create.