123Re: [whidbeylostdogs] Emergency: lost senior dog, maybe injured

  • FETCH!
    Jan 5, 2003
      From: martha burdick <marthaburdick@...>
      To: <whidbeylostdogs@yahoogroups.com>
      Sent: Sunday, January 05, 2003 11:21 AM
      Subject: [whidbeylostdogs] Emergency: lost senior dog, maybe injured

      > I was in a car accident last night (Sat., 1/4) and am still missing one of
      > my dogs. She is 15 years old, arthritic, and may be injured.
      > The accident happened about 5 pm at SR 525 and Kramer Road (across from
      > Bayview Transfer Station). All 3 of my dogs apparently escaped through a
      > broken window in the car. One dog is still missing.
      > She is all black, long haired, about 55 pounds (a bit chunky), has a limp
      > her back leg, no collar, small floppy ears. Her name is Lucy. The transfer
      > station people said they saw her running towards the back entrance of the
      > park (near the battery and free junk section). Lucy is very shy but not
      > aggressive. Her tongue is all black (she is a Chow cross).
      > If you find her please email or call me (360/331-5978). It seems that my
      > voicemail may not be working. If you could help look for her, that would
      > great.
      > If you have lost your dog, don't forget to contact and VISIT
      > Animal Shelter on the Seaplane Base. It is very important to visit the
      shelters yourself to check for your dog -- shelter staff may not recognize
      your dog from a description over the telephone. Check out the WAIF web site
      to see if you recognize a dog currently at the
      > shelter ( http://www.waifanimals.org/dogs/dogs.asp ). If you have found a
      dog, notify the shelters also, as well as other places dog owners may
      contact (like the veterinary clinics.) A dog license tag
      > or other ID on the dog will help return the animal home safely. Consider a
      microchip -- a stolen dog will have its tags removed before being dumped, so
      a microchip might help return your dog home.
      > If you use the REPLY function in your email program to respond to a
      message from this list, all members of the list will see your reply. If you
      want to reply to one specific message poster, please use their email address
      in a new message you create.