Request from WF100 runner

  • Stan Jensen
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 25, 2005
      Gary Dudney sent me the following request. if you can help, please
      contact him at "Gary_Dudney@...". Thanks!

      Stan

      I'm looking for a physician who is going to run or pace at Wasatch who
      could monitor me for signs of HAPE during the race. I developed an
      early case of HAPE just as I was finishing Leadville last year but I
      did everything wrong as I did not know I was susceptible (i.e., went
      right up to altitude, etc.). With proper acclimzation and a couple of
      the drugs used to prevent HAPE and at lower altitude, I expect to be
      fine at Wasatch but the race director wants to be reassured.

      Do you have a way to copy everyone on your list to see if anyone is
      willing to help? I expect to run about 31 or 32 hours and I have a
      great crew person to help. I've finished ten hundred milers so I'm
      pretty experienced.