Homestead ending

  • Peter Riley
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 2 12:32 PM
      Hello. Anyone know what the details are regarding the last portion of the course, where it diverges from the finish the last two years?
      Thanks,

      Peter Riley
      pdriley@...

    • Russ Evans
      Message 2 of 2 , Jul 3 3:15 AM
        Peter,

        A friend of mine received this off the ultra list last week on 6/29 and
        forwarded it to me:
        From: "Laurie Staton" <L-STATON@...>
        Date: Fri, 29 Jun 2001 08:31:35 -0600

        >From Irv Nielsen, Wasatch Course Marshall:

        The Wasatch 100 mile committee decided to seek approval by Oak Haven Cabin
        Owners Association and run down Lime Canyon. A short description follows:
        The course will stay the same all the way to Rock Springs and go east up
        the East Ridge Trail instead of down south to Mill Canyon Aid Station.
        The East Ridge trail will bring runners 4 miles back north to the top of
        Pot Hollow and then go downhill east 1.5 miles to the Deer Creek road. Do
        a left turn there and plod up the "Grump" - a 1.3 mile climb to the Crest
        road, Lower Old Goat Junction. Take a left turn there and do a 0.4 mile
        climb north to the Lime Canyon exit - right turn off the Crest road. Go
        down this trail / ATV road 2 miles to the Firebreak / Water Tank road - a
        left turn (about 3 miles to the finish). Follow this road about a mile
        through a white gate, up past the water tank and as the road drops east
        down the ridge look for a trail heading north off the ridge where it is
        about 1.5 miles to the finish (look for a blue ribbon) down the Snowshoe
        Base trail. The trail descends into a meadow cuts right through the trees,
        comes to a junction with the Ridge Trai!
        !
        l and drops down crossing straight across a horse trail. Then it drops
        down the trail heading north and east and hits a short dirt road and you
        turn left heading for the Snake Creek Road across from the Wasatch Mountain
        State Park visitor center (there is a large blue dumpster there by the Blue
        Boar Inn on the south side of the road. Run the 0.7 miles going east down
        the road which turns south becoming Homestead Road to the white gate just
        before the Homestead entrance. Go east through the white gate and cut south
        again onto the grass and the finish.

        Cheers,

        Laurie Staton
        l-staton@...

        I have the USGS quads and was trying to decipher the route. There is one
        new quad required I think - Heber City. Anyway, the above description was
        not enough for me to be able to precisely determine the exact route, but it
        was helpful in identifying the general course direction. Hopefully, they
        will be updating the website with more details soon.

        Russ