Lodging, bus to start, and transportation from the finish

  • Russ Evans
    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 17, 2001
      I cannot find information on the WF100 web site about lodging
      recommendations, where the buses to the start leave from, or if there
      is any transportation available from the finish back to Salt Lake
      City.

      Do the buses leave from the Lake Terrace Pavilion, Sugarhouse Park in
      Salt Lake City? If so, is there lodging available within short
      walking distance from the bus pickup?

      If there is no transportation back to Lake Terrace Pavilion from
      Sundance, is it OK to leave a car at Sundance while we are running
      the race? I am planning on coming out with another runner and we will
      rent two cars to leave one out at Sundance, if necessary.

      Any information on these questions would be appreciated. Thanks.
    • Troy B. Marsh
      Message 2 of 3 , Jan 18, 2001
        Russ,
        I live (and run) along the mighty Wasatch and can give you some recommendations.  There is a Motel 6 in Woods Cross, UT and many others.  Stay tuned and perhaps I'll post some for the group.  You should be able to park a car at Sundance or find a ride with many who will be there.  Not sure about the buses.
        Troy Marsh
        Bountiful, UT

      • wasatch49@backpacker.com
        Message 3 of 3 , Jan 20, 2001
          Russ-
          The buses to the start usually leave from an area near downtown SLC
          at about 500 South. Several good reasonable lodgings are nearby:
          Little America 800-453-9450
          Quality Inn 800-521-9997
          Motel Six 801-531-1252
          Best Western 801-521-7373
          The race committee usually sends out a listing during the summer.
          The sugarhouse park meeting on Friday is roughly five miles from
          downtown and you will need transportation from there to your hotel.
          I don't know about overnight parking at Sundance, but rides back to
          SLC are not hard to find.
          I am local and very familiar with many aspects of wf100.
          Will be happy to give more detail. E-mail me: wasatch49@...