Special Guest! ; )

  • ladyroaming
    Message 1 of 11 , May 16, 2002
      Hello, everyone!

      I've got excellent news! Todd McCaffrey WILL be attending Dragon*Con
      this year and has agreed to do as many panels "as you can stand to
      have me on." So, for those of you who were there in 1999, you have
      an idea of what a treat you're in for. ; ) Todd is a great guy and
      an entertaining panelist. Needless to say...I'll be doing some panel
      schedule changes in the next day or so. ; )

      PETER --
      I did receive your email. I'm not ignoring you, but I keep getting
      distracted right when I'm getting ready to answer it. ; ) You've got
      some good ideas and I want to discuss them with you. If I don't
      email you tonight, please email me again.

      I still need panelists, folks! ; ) ESPECIALLY for the non Pern
      panels. This year is a trial year for diversifying the programming
      track. If you like the idea and would like to see it succeed, then
      share your non-Pern knowledge with us. ; )

      Anna
    • ~*~ Ceanna ~*~
      Message 2 of 11 , May 16, 2002
        Wow! That's really great! :) Did you get my email about doing a pannel,
        Anna? Unfortunately, I'm pretty stupid when it comes to anything non-Pern,
        so if you still have any openings on the Pern pannels, I'd really love to
        help!

        ~*~Ceanna~*~

      • John
        Message 3 of 11 , May 16, 2002
          Ahh, Anna, I take it Dragon*Con, finally notified him huh?? I figured it would be any day.

          John
[...]

          Dragon*Con/WAM! 2002 is coming up next!  An all new programming track will debut...don't miss it!  Check out the Dragon*Con Website for current info about Dragon*Con:  http://www.dragoncon.org

          WAM'S web page is found at http://www.weyrfest.com

        • Anna Smith
          Message 4 of 11 , May 16, 2002
            I didn't say that, John. ; )  I've spoken to Todd and he said he'd be there and would be happy to do panels for the programming track.  He didn't mention anything at all about Dragon*Con contacting him.  ; )

            Anna

            I haven't lost my mind.  I know exactly where it isn't.

            Message 5 of 11 , May 16, 2002
              Yeah, I knew that. But I didn't know if you would announce it until D*C verified him.

              Message 6 of 11 , May 16, 2002
                Doesn't matter...<G> He's coming!

                Lisa

                Message 7 of 11 , May 16, 2002
                  That's right, Lisa. (g)

                  But I think I see the confusion.  I didn't mean that he was an official guest of Dragon*Con.  I meant simply that WE, the Worlds of Anne McCaffrey(tm) at Dragon*Con programming track, will think of him as a special guest, whether or not Dragon*Con shares that opinion. ; )  After all, it's not often that we have anyone but fans doing panels for us.  ; )

                  Message 8 of 11 , May 16, 2002
                    Hello, all!

                    I've made some changes to the panel schedule.  This is by no means finalized, as there WILL BE further changes, but it does tell you where we are standing now.  I'm still finalizing with Todd McCaffrey when and what panels he'd be interested in doing and once that is settled a 'finalized' panel list will be uploaded.  Until...take a look and see what you think!

                    BTW...if you notice a panel on the list that you really CANNOT stand and you think is a terrible idea, please let me know.  I'm not saying that it will be removed, but if enough people tell me it sucks, then it WILL be replaced. ; )  I want to do panels that you folks want to see, after all! ; )  Now is not to late to make changes. ; )

                    Message 9 of 11 , May 16, 2002
                      Got the first one, and the one today! ; ) And just responded, too -- my
                      apologies for not doing so before!

                    • Gerthddyn@aol.com
                      Message 10 of 11 , May 16, 2002
                        ::jumps up and down excitedly::

                        Sooo ... does this mean we can start telling our clubs that he'll be there?
                        I absolutely LOVED his visit last time. Not only is he wonderful when
                        talking about Anne's books ... he also has some wonderful advice on writing
                        in general that he was very kind to share. Absolutely great guy all around.

                        Angel
                      • Maurine Starkey
                        Message 11 of 11 , May 17, 2002
                          Dragon Con sounds great. And with these new announcements, even better. I wish
                          I could attend. Maybe next year, when things get better.
                          Maurine Starkey

                          =====
                          Maurine Starkey...An Artist's Space
                          http://www.geocities.com/colmahouse

                          SiliCon...A Bay Area Sci/Fi Media Convention
                          http://www.siliconventions.org
                          Benefiting Juvenile Diabetes.

                          LAUNCH - Your Yahoo! Music Experience
                          http://launch.yahoo.com