Re: Free The Innocent,Damien, Jason, Jes

  • chandril00
    Message 1 of 13 , Apr 7, 2000
      Hello All! I'm new here, and you guys seem pretty
      cool - so I'll jump right in. Like you all, I was
      beyond mortified that Damien, Jason and Jessie were
      convicted with absolutely nothing to tie them to the
      murders they were convicted for. One point I do want to
      make, if you'll allow me to play "Devils Advocate"
      here, is that even though there is some evidence that
      points in the direction of Mark Byers committing this
      heinous crime - we cannot pin it on him. We don't know
      what truly happened to those little boys in the last
      moments of their lives, but for us to simply ASSUME that
      Byers had anything to do with this crime is the exact
      same thing as everyone in West Memphis blaming the
      murders on Jason, Jessie, and Damien. I do concede that
      there is alot more evidence/suspicion against Byers at
      this point than they ever had against the West Memphis
      Three but until we know for sure, we should try to work
      the case based on the current facts and try to get
      these guys a new trial! Does that make sense? Hope I
      didn't wear anyone out! =)
    • spoocannon
      Message 2 of 13 , May 23 6:50 AM
        Hello all. I first saw the 1st Paradise Lost on
        HBO when it was first showed. I have never been so
        pissed off in my life, nor have I actually yelled at the
        TV. I was enraged by the fact that all three were
        guilty by association and the fact they were the
        stereotypical "stoner" or "long hair." This is what got me
        interested into the case. I keep thinking that if I lived in
        that area during the time the crime was committed, I
        would have probably been incarcerated as well solely on
        my appearance. <br>Now, it would be redundant if I
        said the same "they're innocent" "free the WM3!." I
        think a re-trial should be first priority. I know that
        the re-trail was denied even though the bite evidence
        has been released exonerating the three as inflicting
        the injury. The trial was a completely biased and
        self-serving. Regardless of their guilt or innocence (however,
        I know there is a lot more to the story than anyone
        is letting on like the crazy Byers) the trial was an
        injustice, w/o the correct due process and the corrupt media
        coverage and a re-trial should be granted on legalities
        alone.<br><br>Anyway, that's only a sample of my rant but I want to say
        it's nice to be a part of the club.
      • John_Butler75
        Message 3 of 13 , Jul 21, 2000
          May I recomend that the moderators of all of the
          wm3 clubs e-mail each other in order to combine their
          efforts... wouldn't the movement be better served if we were
          united?<br><br>What ever works, lets free the WM3.
        • John_Butler75
          Message 4 of 13 , Jul 22, 2000
            "States like Mississippi and Tennessee effected
            legislation that specifically omitted or targeted African
            Americans, depending on their purpose. All this had a
            demoralizing effect on blacks and made them seem less than
            human to white society. And worse, this condescension
            seemed to be officially endorsed by the state. It was
            easy to mistreat blacks if it could be agreed upon
            that African Americans were vastly different than
            whites and not deserving of the same
            respect"<br><br>-www.crimelibrary.com on the subject of Lynch Mobs...
          • clj99_03
            Message 5 of 13 , Aug 30, 2000
              How come no one ever comes on here? just wondering. thanks
            • ono666
              Message 6 of 13 , Oct 8, 2001
                Dear Friends,<br><br>I have just read and signed
                the petition:<br><br>Support A Retrial for the West
                Memphis Three<br><br>Please help by signing this
                petition. It takes 30 seconds and<br>will really help.
                Please follow this
                your concern