West Memphis Three

  • audrey_parrish
    Message 1 of 13 , Mar 17, 2000
      Welcome to the Yahoo! Message Board for West Memphis Three
    • audrey_parrish
      Message 2 of 13 , Mar 17, 2000
        Greetings-<br><br>I've been following this story
        like so many others since "Paradise Lost" first went
        to video several years ago. It seems the human race
        has forgotten something on their way towards
        enlightenment. Unfortunately, people inherently judge each other
        by appearance. Who 's the fastest, the smartest, the
        strongest, who's the best? I don't believe this is something
        we can stop, but we can control it. The WM3 is a
        lesson we must take again because we keep failing! It's
        obvious what's happening here. It makes me sick to even
        think about it. The fact that we can be so careless,
        thoughtless, so stupid to even let this situation get so far
        out of control is beyond my comprehension. And from
        what I see, I'm not the only one. I want to applaud
        everyone for their hard work. From what it seems, it's
        gonna take a lot more because people are still missing
        the point. With our overly judgmental society, it is
        almost too easy to see how the jury could have made this
        ruling. <br> Now what really scares me is the fact that
        WE WOULDN'T EVEN KNOW ABOUT THIS CASE if it hadn't
        of been for TV! We've opened up a whole new can of
        worms in our judicial system with the filming of court
        cases. Now you are subject to trial by the world and
        appearance is everything! I question if we would have even
        cared about this trial had we not been enthralled with
        Damien's character, or felt sympathy or fear for Jessie,
        or because they lived in a "backwards" area. These
        are questions I myself find difficult to face, but I
        have to ask. Am I as guilty of misjudgment as the
        people of West Memphis pointing their fingers at three
        innocents because of their clothing or their taste in
        music? Or the fear that "they" may not fit-in because
        "they" are different from the rest? How far is our
        judgement going to stretch before it snaps back at us? I
        fear this trial becoming so public as it unfortunately
        needs to be is going to show us an ugly reflection of
        ourselves. Regardless of the outcome we have made our
        decisions through "appearances". I question how this is
        going to affect courtroom trials in the future. And
        will we be able to fairly judge our peers? <br>
        Broadcasting trials is a good thing. We would never of known
        about the "West Memphis Three" without it, and it just
        may be the one thing that saves them. However; I
        think now is a good time to begin carefully examining
        how things are done inside the courtrooms, during the
        investigation, and inside forensic labs. We need to insure our
        criminal justice system is truly keeping scientific
        evidence and speculation separate. It is a fine line to
        walk though; it is already too easy to make the
        innocent look guilty through video. The investigation by
        the WMPD is an embarrassment. Unfortunately, we have
        become accustomed to this. Just look at the problems
        found in the NYPD or LAPD. We, as a nation, can not
        tolerate this any longer. I think state law officials
        should be rotated around different cities and even
        states in order to prevent corruption. That would
        provide a more rounded professional. The methods we have
        been using to judge are going to have to change in
        order to keep up with technology and modern lifestyles
        which do not always reflect their Christian ideal.
        That's how we grow! <br> In closing, I believe this case
        has stirred up a collected conscious fear of being
        tried and convicted by our peers because we all are
        "different". Let's learn from our mistakes and have a fair
        trial without it turning more into the donkey show it's
        already become. Since the first time I saw "Paradise
        Lost" not a day has gone by that I haven't thought
        about and prayed for the freedom of Damien, Jason, and
        Jessie and for the trial and conviction of the true
      • bsbfemale4life
        Message 3 of 13 , Mar 25, 2000
          Hi my name is Nancy and I would just like to say
          that I say Paradise Lost:Revelations 2 times and well
          im gonna see the first documentary next well on HBO
          and Im really intrested in this case where there are
          three innocent teens o jail where they dont belong.
        • jennyredrin_26
          Message 4 of 13 , Mar 30, 2000
            what an injustice, these boys are innocent. They
            deserve a new trial. I totally agree with you about your
            topic. We just need to get the public more involved with
            this story. I tell everyone i know. The evidence does
            not link to Damien, Jessie, or Jason. But does link
            to Byers and that suspicious man at the restaurant.
            They lost the blood scrapings from that suspicious man
            in the bathroom, see that only proves they make
            mistakes. I plan on writing Damien with my insights and
            positive feedback of hope. Thank you for taking your time
            out to read my thoughts. Jenny Ashley
          • jennyredrin_26
            Message 5 of 13 , Mar 30, 2000
              I was hoping i would see alot more people than
              this in this club. The injustice is so clear to our
              hearts and minds. Please tell everyone about this club
              since they closed the message board with the wm3 for a
              while. Life is so sweet and short. All 3 of these boys
              had lives that were taken away from them, their
              dreams and hopes. I swear these people are blind or
              something, their is no evidence linked to these young men,
              just hearsay and reputation and religion and
              assumption. What about Byers? His wife is dead but in the
              autopsy report she had blood in her esophagus, meaning
              she was smothered. Why wasnt he arrested when he was
              the one who was laying beside her when she died, with
              evidence in hand. I dont understand! I guess they can
              accuse anyone of murder and exclude them as well. Or
              they can make someone else be the one to pay for the
              crime because they had to pin it on someone fast. Those
              3 babies are not fully free by the public, they
              know who did this to them, they are the only ones and
              God knows as well. They are in heaven, angels by your
              side with no pain or madness. It is a tragedy for
              everyone. Please write your thoughts to me im very
              intersted in anything you would like to add.
            • bsbfemale4life
              Message 6 of 13 , Mar 30, 2000
                Jenny I think you are so right in that the
                innocent in this country are put away for something that
                they didnt do and the guilty are out roaming the
                streets.Its so clear that Mark Byers coomited this murders
                and that his wife either knew about it or was
                involved in it somehow.And I know thats those three little
                boys are looking down om us and pprobably know that
                these three kids are innocent.Someone should get a good
                physcic involved in this someone who cansay the true like
                the physcic Silva Browne from the montel willams show
                she knows alot of things about the other life and can
                share her views on who really did it.Well al I have to
                say is that I think they are all three innocent and I
                dont care what anyone says to me on how i can defend
                three guys who were found guilt of murdering 3 kids.
                They are innocent and iI will fight to see them out
                and the true killer in.
              • Miss_Nuance
                Message 7 of 13 , Mar 31, 2000
                  I'm so glad to see the clubs sprouting up in
                  support... this case is so very far reaching. Isn't it sadly
                  ironic that people were able to band together to point
                  fingers and imprison innocent men -- with such ease! --
                  and yet, how difficult it is to banding and
                  accomplishing GOOD.<br>One of the details that has been
                  troubling me lately is the idea of the true murderer. Six
                  years ago, someone committed an attrocity, viciously
                  taking the lives of three little boys. Some serial
                  killers wait years in between their victims... but John
                  Wayne Gacy didn't, Dahmer didn't, Bundy didn't. If you
                  do something in great access one time, it'll stick
                  with you. This unidentified assailant killed THREE
                  children, not one... the man knew what he was doing, was
                  working under incredible time restraints... and the fact
                  that he got away with it so clearly... I just can't
                  imagine that he has never done it again.<br>I believe it
                  was Audrey who posted that we would have never known
                  about this case if it hadn't been for television. Take
                  that a little farther... did we even suspect that men
                  were being butchered and cannibalized in an indie
                  apartment before Dahmer was arrested? Did we know about
                  allll the women Bundy killed (no, and we STILL don't).
                  Police departments, backed by some petty pride, has kept
                  a national database of crimes from being formed.
                  The Zodiac murders in California would be a case in
                  point -- although only about 5 murders are accredited
                  to the Zodiac, investigators, after weeding through
                  documents from all the different police forces of
                  California, would agree with the Zodiac himself that the true
                  number probably totals near 35. But this is after the
                  fact... murders were being committed within rockthrows of
                  eachother, and no one was sharing info.<br>If only someone
                  could dig through the murder files of the south, prove
                  that the murderer is still at large.....
                • chandril00
                  Message 8 of 13 , Apr 7, 2000
                    Hello All! I'm new here, and you guys seem pretty
                    cool - so I'll jump right in. Like you all, I was
                    beyond mortified that Damien, Jason and Jessie were
                    convicted with absolutely nothing to tie them to the
                    murders they were convicted for. One point I do want to
                    make, if you'll allow me to play "Devils Advocate"
                    here, is that even though there is some evidence that
                    points in the direction of Mark Byers committing this
                    heinous crime - we cannot pin it on him. We don't know
                    what truly happened to those little boys in the last
                    moments of their lives, but for us to simply ASSUME that
                    Byers had anything to do with this crime is the exact
                    same thing as everyone in West Memphis blaming the
                    murders on Jason, Jessie, and Damien. I do concede that
                    there is alot more evidence/suspicion against Byers at
                    this point than they ever had against the West Memphis
                    Three but until we know for sure, we should try to work
                    the case based on the current facts and try to get
                    these guys a new trial! Does that make sense? Hope I
                    didn't wear anyone out! =)
                  • spoocannon
                    Message 9 of 13 , May 23, 2000
                      Hello all. I first saw the 1st Paradise Lost on
                      HBO when it was first showed. I have never been so
                      pissed off in my life, nor have I actually yelled at the
                      TV. I was enraged by the fact that all three were
                      guilty by association and the fact they were the
                      stereotypical "stoner" or "long hair." This is what got me
                      interested into the case. I keep thinking that if I lived in
                      that area during the time the crime was committed, I
                      would have probably been incarcerated as well solely on
                      my appearance. <br>Now, it would be redundant if I
                      said the same "they're innocent" "free the WM3!." I
                      think a re-trial should be first priority. I know that
                      the re-trail was denied even though the bite evidence
                      has been released exonerating the three as inflicting
                      the injury. The trial was a completely biased and
                      self-serving. Regardless of their guilt or innocence (however,
                      I know there is a lot more to the story than anyone
                      is letting on like the crazy Byers) the trial was an
                      injustice, w/o the correct due process and the corrupt media
                      coverage and a re-trial should be granted on legalities
                      alone.<br><br>Anyway, that's only a sample of my rant but I want to say
                      it's nice to be a part of the club.
                    • John_Butler75
                      Message 10 of 13 , Jul 21, 2000
                        May I recomend that the moderators of all of the
                        wm3 clubs e-mail each other in order to combine their
                        efforts... wouldn't the movement be better served if we were
                        united?<br><br>What ever works, lets free the WM3.
                      • John_Butler75
                        Message 11 of 13 , Jul 22, 2000
                          "States like Mississippi and Tennessee effected
                          legislation that specifically omitted or targeted African
                          Americans, depending on their purpose. All this had a
                          demoralizing effect on blacks and made them seem less than
                          human to white society. And worse, this condescension
                          seemed to be officially endorsed by the state. It was
                          easy to mistreat blacks if it could be agreed upon
                          that African Americans were vastly different than
                          whites and not deserving of the same
                          respect"<br><br>-www.crimelibrary.com on the subject of Lynch Mobs...
                        • clj99_03
                          Message 12 of 13 , Aug 30 7:19 PM
                            How come no one ever comes on here? just wondering. thanks
                          • ono666
                            Message 13 of 13 , Oct 8, 2001
                              Dear Friends,<br><br>I have just read and signed
                              the petition:<br><br>Support A Retrial for the West
                              Memphis Three<br><br>Please help by signing this
                              petition. It takes 30 seconds and<br>will really help.
                              Please follow this
                              your concern