Fwd: Sail Away on a Knitting Cruise!

    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 7 9:09 AM
      Funny, we were just talking about this last night...

      Sent from my iPhone

      Begin forwarded message:

      From: Debbie Stoller <stitchnbitch@...>
      Date: September 7, 2011 7:44:17 AM CDT
      To: treesa79_@...
      Subject: Sail Away on a Knitting Cruise!

      Stitch 'n Beach Kntting Cruise

      STITCH 'N BEACH KNITTING CRUISE TO THE CARIBBEAN
      WITH DEBBIE STOLLER

      FEB 24 - MARCH 5 2012

      Grab your knitting buddies and hit the high seas on this luxurious knitting cruise aboard Holland America's Noordam to the sparkling islands of the Carribbean. Featuring over 24 hours of knitting classes, workshops, and private evening events, you'll always have something fun to do on board.

      Your vacation starts the moment you board the elegant ship at Fort Lauderale, Florida. Over the next nine days, as we visit the sunny islands of the Caribbean, you’ll be able to take knitting classes in a variety of subjects, and attend special evening Stitch ‘n Bitch sessions, plus attend our private cocktail party, yarn tasting, and other events. Take as many or as few classes as you wish—your price includes entrance to all of them!

      Willemstad, CuracaoWhen we arrive in port, explore our exotic destinations—Half Moon Cay, Grand Turk, Samana, Karlendijk, Willemstad, and Oranjestad—on your own, sign up for any number of shore excursions such as shopping trips, snorkeling, nature hikes, and bike rides, or just hit the beach and relax.

      Back on board the ship, there will be more knitting classes on offer, or indulge yourself at the Greenhouse Spa & Salon, curl up with a good book at the Explorations Cafe & Library, visit the fitness center, watch a show at the Vista Lounge,  sip a cocktail by the pool, or take your latest project with you out on the deck and knit as you watch the world sail by. On Sunday morning when we get back to Fort Lauderdale, you'll arrive rested and refreshed, with a lot more knitting knowledge and most likely a few new friends as well.

      Knitting Classes, Workshops & Events

      CLASSESEVENTS
      • Color Tips & Techniques: Learn a variety of color knitting techniques including slip stitch patterns, intarsia, fair isle (stranded knitting), and duplicate stitch, while working on a pair of luxury "Sea Socks" specially designed for this cruise.
      • Stitch Dr. Secrets: Learn to unravel without fear, recross missed cables, "unknit," seamlessly add length to a too-short piece, and much more.
      • Crochet for Knitters: Expand your yarny skills and become a "Happy Hooker."
      • Designing your first sweater: Put on your propeller beanie and let's do some math together. Before you know it you'll have drafted your first pattern, and you'll understand your pre-written patterns like never before!
      • Beach Bag: In this project class we'll work on a quick and easy openwork cotton bag that can be done in time to tote it with you to the beach in port!
      • Double Knitting: Learn the skill of double knitting and knit two layers at once! In this class we'll begin work on an awesome argyle scarf that shows one set of colors on one side, and the opposite on the other.
      • Bead it: Learn to knit with beads and make a quick and easy beaded pulsewarmer with a seafaring motif!
      • Lace: The Hole Story: Never knit lace before? Now's the time to try. In this class you'll learn all the basics of lace knitting, and work on a sampler of lace stitches.
      • & MANY MORE CLASSES TO BE ANNOUNCED!
      • Stitch ‘n Bitch at Sea: Nightly knitting get-togethers in various locations on board the ship--from the serene, to the wacky (Karaoke knitting, anyone?)
      • Stitch ‘n Bitch Trunk Show and Book Signing: Debbie Stoller will show off some of the projects from her latest books and sign copies of books. Surprise gift giveaways, too!
      • Private Sip ‘n Stitch Cocktail Party
      • Yarn Tasting: Come try out some of the latest and greatest new yarns
      • The Stitch Dr. Is In: Help for troubled projects
      • & MUCH MORE!

      For more information
      call the Stitch 'n Beach Hotline:

      800-760-7447