Apple Tortilla Bake

    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 7, 2010
      Hi Molly and everyone -

      Here is the recipe that I was talking about at the last meeting - couldn't find it online...?

      I've made it for a fancy-ish breakfast, but I think it is supposed to be dessert...

      Chris

      Base:
      4 flour tortillas (8+ inch)
      2 eggs
      1 cup milk
      1/3 cup sugar
      1 tsp vanilla
      1/8 tsp salt
      1 tsp ground cinnamon

      Fruit:
      1 - 1 1/4 cups diced apples (1 - 2 apples)
      1/2 cup diced dried apricots and/or raisins
      2 Tbs sugar
      1 Tbs melted butter
      1/2 tsp cinnamon

      Grease 4 individual baking dishes/ramekins (about 3/4 capacity each).
      Cut each tortilla into 6 wedges and place them into the cups, layering the wedges around the edges.

      Whisk together the rest of the "Base" ingredients, divide among the 4 dishes and let rest at room temperature for 30 minutes.
      Preheat the oven to 350.

      Mix together the "Fruit" ingredients, divide among the dishes, mounding in the middle.
      Bake for 25 to 30 minutes until the custard reaches 160 F and is set in the center.  Remove from the oven and serve warm.
    • Joan B
      Message 2 of 2 , Oct 12, 2010

        This looks awesome!

        I apologize for not attending; I just had another eye surgery and my vision in my left eye is 20/200 and the right has gotten worse.  It is very frustrating.

        Joan Blumenthal

        195 North Harbor Drive

        Unit 2902

        Chicago, IL 60601