Knitfitti - 12/18

  • pliss78
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 16, 2008
      From my friend Ellen: I'm writing about an exciting "knitfitti"
      (guerilla knitting) event this Thursday, December 18th. The Jamba
      Juice at the Hancock Center is sponsoring a one of a kind knit art
      installation in its store.

      I am looking for select crafters to help knit up the store. We are
      going to cozy up the location like crazy - we can cover the walls,
      door handles, counterspace, furniture, even a fella with a board
      outside. The shifts will be Thursday, December 18th, from 6am-2pm or
      10am-6pm. Pay is $10/hour!

      This movement will take off nationwide after its Chicago debut, so
      come get noticed. This one store will garner a lot of media
      attention, and will serve as a teaser for an even bigger installation
      to be held in New York in January. We want you to be a part of it,
      all you need to bring are your knitting needles. We will also be
      documenting the entire experience, so there will be a simple release
      to be signed.

      Also, there will be a free breakfast product (from 7-11am) that will
      make the quick trip to the store well worth it. This is a community
      driven event and we really would love to show off your work. Thanks
      for joining us!

      Please call Ellen at 773-793-8756 or email ellenmodonnell@...
      if you are interested.