Meet Twice a Month? What are your thoughts?

  • pliss78
    Message 1 of 6 , Jan 16, 2008
      Hi All - I've talked with two people recently that said they would
      join us for knitting but Tuesdays are a bad night.

      So, I was thinking maybe we could set-up a second meeting and meet
      twice a month. Maybe the third week of each month on a Monday,
      Wednesday or Thursday - same location.

      Let me know your thoughts and if you'd be interested in attending 1 or
      both... just wanted to throw it out there.

      I will also post this on Ravelry but feel free to respond in either
      place.

      PS - Currently, we meet the first Tuesday of each month.
      Message 2 of 6 , Jan 16, 2008
        Re: [westloopsnb] Meet Twice a Month?  What are your thoughts? An alternate night might be good if it helps our group grow. But it could have the opposite effect too. I wouldn’t mind having an alternate night myself.  Sometimes it might be easy to meet both nights and sometimes it might be impossible, but it would be nice having the option. I think as long as we kept up the polls before each meeting so no one ends up sitting alone, it is worth a shot. I think 3rd Monday would be a good night for me, Wednesday would be my second choice. We also might think about making up a flyer to post in a few places in the neighborhood (like Starbucks) there must be other knitters in this neighborhood.

        Painted Threads
        www.judyperez.blogspot.com

        On 1/16/08 4:58 PM, "pliss78" <p.a.liss@...> wrote:

        Hi All - I've talked with two people recently that said they would
        join us for knitting but Tuesdays are a bad night.

        So, I was thinking maybe we could set-up a second meeting and meet
        twice a month.  Maybe the third week of each month on a Monday,
        Wednesday or Thursday - same location.

        Let me know your thoughts and if you'd be interested in attending 1 or
        both... just wanted to throw it out there.

        I will also post this on Ravelry but feel free to respond in either
        place.

        PS - Currently, we meet the first Tuesday of each month.

      • Concetta Phillipps
        Message 3 of 6 , Jan 16, 2008
          I think I'm of pretty much the same mind. 3rd Monday is good, not Wednesdays.

          Concetta

          Judy Perez <judy.perez@...> wrote:
          An alternate night might be good if it helps our group grow. But it could have the opposite effect too. I wouldn’t mind having an alternate night myself.  Sometimes it might be easy to meet both nights and sometimes it might be impossible, but it would be nice having the option. I think as long as we kept up the polls before each meeting so no one ends up sitting alone, it is worth a shot. I think 3rd Monday would be a good night for me, Wednesday would be my second choice. We also might think about making up a flyer to post in a few places in the neighborhood (like Starbucks) there must be other knitters in this neighborhood.

          Judy
          ............ ......... ......... .
          Painted Threads
          www.judyperez. blogspot. com

          On 1/16/08 4:58 PM, "pliss78" <p.a.liss@gmail. com> wrote:

          Hi All - I've talked with two people recently that said they would
          join us for knitting but Tuesdays are a bad night.

          So, I was thinking maybe we could set-up a second meeting and meet
          twice a month.  Maybe the third week of each month on a Monday,
          Wednesday or Thursday - same location.

          Let me know your thoughts and if you'd be interested in attending 1 or
          both... just wanted to throw it out there.

          I will also post this on Ravelry but feel free to respond in either
          place.

          PS - Currently, we meet the first Tuesday of each month.

        • Jonnell Simpson
          Message 4 of 6 , Jan 17, 2008
            I'd be happy to have another night to meet!  Sometimes I could make both, sometimes just one, but I like the idea of having 2 options.
            Jonnell

            Message 5 of 6 , Jan 28, 2008
              Saw this on another Rav forum - I think I'm going to check out the one on Feb 7 on diagonal knitting.

              I've never been there before - anyone else?

              Concetta

              Free Knitting & Crochet Demo’s!
              Thursdays in JANUARY, FEBRARY & MARCH (7 PM)
              Sister-Arts Studio, Inc.
              We have had excellent participation and response to our knitting demo’s conducted during open knit. Therefore we are delighted to continue offering free demo’s this winter. Join us to expand your knitting & crochet skills! Sister-Arts Studio will be conducting free knitting & crochet demonstrations during open Knit-Night on Thursday Evenings starting at 7 pm. Attendance is free so bring your needles, hooks and scrap yarn to learn a new technique and meet the fabulous Sisters of Sister-Arts Studio!

              January 10th: Knitting Increases & Decreases – Anne Lenzini January 24th: Tatting Demonstration – Polly Abbott February 7th: Diagonal Knitting – Anne Lenzini
              February 21st: Crochet Edges for Knitting – Anne Lenzini
              March 6th: Knitting I-Cord and Bobbles – Anne Lenzini
              March 20th: Cast-on & Bind-Off Methods – Anne Lenzini

            • pliss78
              Message 6 of 6 , Feb 4, 2008
                Let's talk about this tomorrow - remind me.

                --- In westloopsnb@yahoogroups.com, Jonnell Simpson