    Message 1 of 4 , May 20, 2014
      Reminder from: westloopsnb Yahoo Group

      Title: West Loop SnB

      Date: Wednesday May 21, 2014
      Time: 6:00 pm - 8:00 pm (GMT+00:00)
      Location: Mariano's (40 S. Halsted, 1st Floor)

      Privacy | Terms
      Message 2 of 4 , May 20, 2014
        Hopefully I'll see you tomorrow!

        Chris

        Date: Wednesday May 21, 2014
        Time: 6:00 pm - 8:00 pm (GMT+00:00)
        Location: Mariano's (40 S. Halsted, 1st Floor)

        Get reminders on your mobile, Yahoo Messenger, and email.
        Edit reminder options
        Privacy | Terms

        Message 3 of 4 , May 20, 2014

          Yep, I'll be there!

          Message 4 of 4 , May 21, 2014
            Here's the recipe I was talking about - I couldn't remember where I found it, so no link, but at least I had it copied out :)

            Spaetzle With Kielbasa and Caramelized Onions

            Time: 1 hour 45 minutes

            1 pound smoked kielbasa, cut into 3/4-inch chunks

            1 1/2 tablespoons unsalted butter

            1 large red onion, halved and thinly sliced

            1 large thyme sprig

            Kosher salt

            2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour

            1/4 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg

            2 large eggs, lightly beaten

            3/4 cup whole milk

            1/2 pound Emmentaler cheese, grated (2 cups)

            1/2 teaspoon black pepper.

            1. In a large skillet over medium-high heat, lightly brown the kielbasa until golden, about 5 minutes. Transfer to a plate. Melt the butter in the skillet. Stir in the onion and thyme, and stir briefly to coat the onion with butter. Cook onion, without stirring, until dark brown, about 5 minutes. Add a pinch of salt and cook on low heat until very soft and caramelized, 20 to 30 minutes. Stir in 2 tablespoons water and scrape up any browned bits from the bottom of the pan. Transfer onion to a bowl.

            2. Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. In a large bowl, combine the flour, 1 teaspoon salt and the nutmeg. In a separate bowl, whisk together the eggs and milk. Pour the egg mixture into the flour mixture and stir well. The batter should be fairly wet, with a consistency slightly thicker than pancake batter.

            3. Spread a clean dish towel flat on a work surface adjacent to the stove. Working over the pot of boiling water, press dough through a spaetzle maker or use a rubber spatula to push it through a colander with holes at least 1/4-inch wide. Drop dough into the water. When dumplings rise to the surface, use a slotted spoon to transfer to the towel.

            4. Heat the oven to 375 degrees. Toss the spaetzle and kielbasa in the bowl with the onions, and add 1 1/2 cups cheese and the pepper. Spread into a 2-quart gratin dish. Sprinkle the top of the casserole with the remaining 1/2 cup cheese. Bake until golden and bubbling, 25 to 30 minutes.

            Yield: 4 to 6 servings.