Re: [westloopsnb] My sons first exhibit

  • Concetta Phillipps
    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 22, 2007
      Ooh! Thanks for posting that - I love papercrafts.

      I'll have to go next weekend and see if I can catch the NPR report.

      Concetta

      Judy Perez <judy.perez@...> wrote:
      My 13 year old son Ty is a serious origami folder and he is in an exhibit that will open at
      the end of this week at Columbia College. He was also interviewed by an NPR reporter last
      week about the exhibit. I think that will air friday morning at 8:45 and next sunday. Here
      is the press release.

      IT'S ALL IN THE FOLD:
      MORE THAN JUST ORIGAMI
      Columbia College Chicago's Center for Book & Paper Arts
      July 28 – August 25, 2007

      Chicago, IL – Can you imagine a traditional origami crane folded by a 13-year old to the
      size of a flea in perfect form? Or a mathematician turned origami folder who is regularly
      hired by the medical industry to fold something so small that it can fit into a shunt and
      expand in a human vein? It's All In the Fold is an exhibition that takes a world look at the
      way paper transforms itself when folded. More than an amusement, origami today also
      teaches mathematics and geometry. It's more than just cranes and snowflakes. Try
      tessellations or tetrahedrons, dodecahedrons and other polygons. Origamic furniture,
      folded paper lamps, airplanes and a few naughty folds are all on the horizon.
      Chicago and international paper folding artists and teachers will amaze you with the
      dexterity of their folds. It's All in the Fold has attracted some of the world's most
      celebrated folders.

      Among the Participating Artists and Folders:
      Ingo Maurer
      Peter Webber
      Yuko Nishimura
      Robert Lang
      Venessa Gould – of Green Fuse Films
      Ty Perez
      Bradford Hansen Smith
      POPVase
      Jennifer Diaz
      Frederick Bryant
      Ann Hansen
      Christine Edison
      Museum of Sex
      James Dieter
      Joshua Koppel
      Michael LaFosse

      WHEN: Exhibition runs July 28 – August 25, 2007
      OPENING: July 27, 5:30pm-7:30pm
      WHERE: Columbia College Chicago's Center for Book & Paper Arts
      1104 S. Wabash Avenue, 2nd floor
      COST: Free and Open to the Public.
      GALLERY HOURS: 10am - 6pm Monday thru Saturday

    • P A
      Message 2 of 3 , Jul 23, 2007
        HI Judy

        Good for him!  He does great work!  Both your Kids are very creative.  I went to Colombia College.  Great school for all kinds of creativity.  I will definitely try to go check it out.  thanks for letting us know about it.

        Peggy

        Play Sims Stories at Yahoo! Games.