Meeting at 12th night

  • Nathan DuCray
    Message 1 of 13 , Jan 6, 2011

      All,

      I would like to take this opportunity of many of us being a 12th night to have a Spartan meeting and discuss the unit, this past year, and our direction for the new year.

      It is also time for us to discuss/vote on the position of unit commander.

      If you will not be attending 12th night, please feel free to email me your thoughts on these topics and any nominations you may have for unit commander.

      I will be on site from Sat morning till Sunday morning and look forward to speaking with you all this weekend.

      Regards,
      Singinius

      Sent from Yahoo! Mail on Android

    • Benjamin Hitz
      Message 2 of 13 , Jan 6, 2011
        To add on  - Singinius has held the post for 2 years which is pretty much burn out zone.  So he should not be re-upped.
        Note that battle field command is the most trivial part of the job, in case some of you were thinking of volunteering.
        The work is about 10% battlefield coordination (with royals, generals, other commanders), 10% battlefield leadership, and 40% organizing equipment, meetings and practices and 40% cat herding.

        Sig

        --
        Ben Hitz
        Senior Scientific Programmer

      • Ash Beal
        Message 3 of 13 , Jan 6, 2011
          HÆLS, I will be there.

          I would like to take this opportunity of many of us being a 12th night to have a Spartan meeting and discuss the unit, this past year, and our direction for the new year.

          It is also time for us to discuss/vote on the position of unit commander.

          If you will not be attending 12th night, please feel free to email me your thoughts on these topics and any nominations you may have for unit commander.

          I will be on site from Sat morning till Sunday morning and look forward to speaking with you all this weekend.

          Regards,
          Singinius

          Sent from Yahoo! Mail on Android

        • owen matthew aurelio
          Message 4 of 13 , Jan 6, 2011
            I'll be there as long as we don't have the meeting at midnight. Daytripping. Egil.

            Message 5 of 13 , Jan 6, 2011

                I will be there, but I will be but will be fighting after first court and in several functions throughout day Loy Knighting etc …. I would be happy to jump ware I could

              I know Jade and such will be In counsel meetings and Peerage meetings etc fyi  other Knights also have Knight counsel and have to be in court etc  fyi..

              Anthony Lynch   |   Conferencing Service Coordinator

              650.944.5557(phone)   |   650.537.8344 (cell)

              Workplace  |   Make the most of our workplace.

              Got ideas? Send the Workplace team your suggestions & feedback.

              Message 6 of 13 , Jan 6, 2011

                I realize it will be a hectic day which is why I didn't set a particular time. We will play it by ear and find a time that makes sense.

                Sin

                Message 7 of 13 , Jan 6, 2011

                  12th Night has the advantage that it's "all hands on deck".  Too bad everyone's hands are full...   But we should have a back up plan... maybe War Collegium?
                  In any case, if you are at 12th Night you should try to find Singinius or SOME other spartan for a minute if you have any sort of opinion, it will let us plan a later meeting better.

                  Sig

                  On Jan 6, 2011, at 11:42 AM, Nathan DuCray wrote:

                  I realize it will be a hectic day which is why I didn't set a particular time. We will play it by ear and find a time that makes sense.

                  Sin

                  Sent from Yahoo! Mail on Android

                  --
                  Ben Hitz
                  Senior Scientific Programmer ** Saccharomyces Genome Database ** GO Consortium
                  Stanford University ** hitz@...

                • Jade
                  Message 8 of 13 , Jan 6, 2011
                    Spartans,

                    I am not sure when the Conversation About Knighthood in the West Kingdom, after the Kingdom Fighter Practice will end, but it seems that if we all commit to attend that, we'll all be in the same place at the same time.

                    We could have our meeting when that Conversation wraps up. If it's awkward to have it in the same space, for some reason, I have the ability to get us a room... ;)

                    Cheers,

                    Jade

                    --- In western_spartans@yahoogroups.com, Benjamin Hitz <hitz@...> wrote:

                    > 12th Night has the advantage that it's "all hands on deck". Too bad everyone's hands are full... But we should have a back up plan... maybe War Collegium?
                    > In any case, if you are at 12th Night you should try to find Singinius or SOME other spartan for a minute if you have any sort of opinion, it will let us plan a later meeting better.
                    >
                    > Sig
                    >

                    > On Jan 6, 2011, at 11:42 AM, Nathan DuCray wrote:
                    >
                    > > I realize it will be a hectic day which is why I didn't set a particular time. We will play it by ear and find a time that makes sense.
                    > >
                    > > Sin
                    > >

                    > > Sent from Yahoo! Mail on Android
                    > >

                    > --
                    > Ben Hitz
                    > Senior Scientific Programmer ** Saccharomyces Genome Database ** GO Consortium
                    > Stanford University ** hitz@...

                  • Jason Payne
                    Message 9 of 13 , Jan 6, 2011
                      I'm sorry I wont be able to attend 12th night this year.( I am volunteering teaching at a martial arts seminar to raise money for a friend who has breast cancer)
                      I will be thinking of you all and I hope 12th night is great!

                      -Pallidus
                      Jason

                      Jason Payne
                      408 338 7771

                      On Thu, Jan 6, 2011 at 1:58 PM, Jade <sirjade@...> wrote:

                      Spartans,

                      I am not sure when the Conversation About Knighthood in the West Kingdom, after the Kingdom Fighter Practice will end, but it seems that if we all commit to attend that, we'll all be in the same place at the same time.

                      We could have our meeting when that Conversation wraps up. If it's awkward to have it in the same space, for some reason, I have the ability to get us a room... ;)

                      Cheers,

                      Jade

                      --- In western_spartans@yahoogroups.com, Benjamin Hitz <hitz@...> wrote:

                      > 12th Night has the advantage that it's "all hands on deck". Too bad everyone's hands are full... But we should have a back up plan... maybe War Collegium?
                      > In any case, if you are at 12th Night you should try to find Singinius or SOME other spartan for a minute if you have any sort of opinion, it will let us plan a later meeting better.
                      >
                      > Sig
                      >

                      > On Jan 6, 2011, at 11:42 AM, Nathan DuCray wrote:
                      >
                      > > I realize it will be a hectic day which is why I didn't set a particular time. We will play it by ear and find a time that makes sense.
                      > >
                      > > Sin
                      > >

                      > > Sent from Yahoo! Mail on Android
                      > >

                      > --
                      > Ben Hitz
                      > Senior Scientific Programmer ** Saccharomyces Genome Database ** GO Consortium
                      > Stanford University ** hitz@...

                    • Mr. Miles
                      Message 10 of 13 , Jan 6, 2011
                        I like HRH's idea, it seems like a reasonable place to meet up. since i imagine alot of us will be fighting. i know me and alfar are.
                        -MILES

                        --- In western_spartans@yahoogroups.com, "Jade" <sirjade@...> wrote:

                        > Spartans,
                        >
                        > I am not sure when the Conversation About Knighthood in the West Kingdom, after the Kingdom Fighter Practice will end, but it seems that if we all commit to attend that, we'll all be in the same place at the same time.
                        >
                        > We could have our meeting when that Conversation wraps up. If it's awkward to have it in the same space, for some reason, I have the ability to get us a room... ;)
                        >
                        > Cheers,
                        >
                        > Jade
                        >

                        > --- In western_spartans@yahoogroups.com, Benjamin Hitz <hitz@> wrote:
                        > >

                        > > 12th Night has the advantage that it's "all hands on deck". Too bad everyone's hands are full... But we should have a back up plan... maybe War Collegium?
                        > > In any case, if you are at 12th Night you should try to find Singinius or SOME other spartan for a minute if you have any sort of opinion, it will let us plan a later meeting better.
                        > >
                        > > Sig
                        > >

                        > > On Jan 6, 2011, at 11:42 AM, Nathan DuCray wrote:
                        > >
                        > > > I realize it will be a hectic day which is why I didn't set a particular time. We will play it by ear and find a time that makes sense.
                        > > >
                        > > > Sin
                        > > >

                        > > > Sent from Yahoo! Mail on Android
                        > > >

                        > > --
                        > > Ben Hitz
                        > > Senior Scientific Programmer ** Saccharomyces Genome Database ** GO Consortium
                        > > Stanford University ** hitz@

                      • Jade
                        Message 11 of 13 , Jan 13, 2011
                          Well, who could have known the Chivalry discussion would go until 10:30 PM??

                          Obviously, we didn't have the meeting at 12th Night.

                          Do we want to try for War Collegium or March Crown?

                          Jade

                          --- In western_spartans@yahoogroups.com, "Mr. Miles" <medicalmiles@...> wrote:

                          > I like HRH's idea, it seems like a reasonable place to meet up. since i imagine alot of us will be fighting. i know me and alfar are.
                          > -MILES
                          >
                          > --- In western_spartans@yahoogroups.com, "Jade" <sirjade@> wrote:
                          > >
                          > > Spartans,
                          > >
                          > > I am not sure when the Conversation About Knighthood in the West Kingdom, after the Kingdom Fighter Practice will end, but it seems that if we all commit to attend that, we'll all be in the same place at the same time.
                          > >
                          > > We could have our meeting when that Conversation wraps up. If it's awkward to have it in the same space, for some reason, I have the ability to get us a room... ;)
                          > >
                          > > Cheers,
                          > >
                          > > Jade
                          > >

                          > > --- In western_spartans@yahoogroups.com, Benjamin Hitz <hitz@> wrote:
                          > > >

                          > > > 12th Night has the advantage that it's "all hands on deck". Too bad everyone's hands are full... But we should have a back up plan... maybe War Collegium?
                          > > > In any case, if you are at 12th Night you should try to find Singinius or SOME other spartan for a minute if you have any sort of opinion, it will let us plan a later meeting better.
                          > > >
                          > > > Sig

                          > > > --
                          > > > Ben Hitz
                          > > > Senior Scientific Programmer ** Saccharomyces Genome Database ** GO Consortium
                          > > > Stanford University ** hitz@

                        • Lynch, Anthony

                            Well, who could have known the Chivalry discussion would go until 10:30 PM??

                            Obviously, we didn't have the meeting at 12th Night.

                            Do we want to try for War Collegium or March Crown?

                            Jade

                            --- In western_spartans@yahoogroups.com, "Mr. Miles" <medicalmiles@...> wrote:

                            > I like HRH's idea, it seems like a reasonable place to meet up. since i imagine alot of us will be fighting. i know me and alfar are.
                            > -MILES
                            >
                            > --- In western_spartans@yahoogroups.com, "Jade" <sirjade@> wrote:
                            > >
                            > > Spartans,
                            > >
                            > > I am not sure when the Conversation About Knighthood in the West Kingdom, after the Kingdom Fighter Practice will end, but it seems that if we all commit to attend that, we'll all be in the same place at the same time.
                            > >
                            > > We could have our meeting when that Conversation wraps up. If it's awkward to have it in the same space, for some reason, I have the ability to get us a room... ;)
                            > >
                            > > Cheers,
                            > >
                            > > Jade
                            > >

                            > > --- In western_spartans@yahoogroups.com, Benjamin Hitz <hitz@> wrote:
                            > > >

                            > > > 12th Night has the advantage that it's "all hands on deck". Too bad everyone's hands are full... But we should have a back up plan... maybe War Collegium?
                            > > > In any case, if you are at 12th Night you should try to find Singinius or SOME other spartan for a minute if you have any sort of opinion, it will let us plan a later meeting better.
                            > > >
                            > > > Sig

                            > > > --
                            > > > Ben Hitz
                            > > > Senior Scientific Programmer ** Saccharomyces Genome Database ** GO Consortium
                            > > > Stanford University ** hitz@

                          • Nathan DuCray
                            Message 13 of 13 , Jan 13, 2011
                              My thoughts are that we should certainly have a meeting at War Collegium, but i am not opposed to also having a meeting over beer somewhere. (Maybe after War collegium?)

                              A limiting factor for me is that I will be out of town on most weekdays until summer...