Re: [western_spartans] knotwulf early peri-oid helm

  • Benjamin Hitz
    Message 1 of 6 , Apr 25, 2013
      Yes it's a roundish spagen with Xs in weathered steel on the quarter panels, and a weathered brown.  It would look good on you!
      I'll dig it out and take pictures tonight or tomorrow night.

      Sig
      On Apr 25, 2013, at 9:54 AM, wallsx4@... wrote:

      Is it the one you showed me at practice sevsrl months ago? Any way throw the pics up. I am looking for a new helm

      Benjamin Hitz <hitz@...> wrote:

      Hey all -
      I am going to sell or trade my knotwulf spangen helm. I guess it's never going to fit right and actually with the open bar grill it looks way better on a guy with a "fuller face".
      Actually, bearded is even better.

      I will throw some pix up if you like. It's a pretty normal size head (23ish) but very round. It's 13ga mild and has riveted chain off the back and sides, with a leather "sound buffer".
      It's pretty sweet but it's not working and maybe some one else can use it if they are putting together an early period kit.

      I payed like $650 for it several years ago. It's strapped and padded although you will have to season to taste. There is a little surface rust. No dents (only been hit a few times). The backplate has been flared and trimmed so I could look up.

      Looking for a cool 10th-13th C helmet that fits me in trade (my conical doesn't have much life left in the steel), or like $500 ish.

      Sig
      --
      Ben Hitz ** hitz@...
      Group Leader, Software ** Saccharomyces Genome Database ** GO ** ENCODE

      Message 2 of 6 , Apr 25, 2013
        Picks of helm

        https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-b6Wl52KJMlw/UXn4Ftri8pI/AAAAAAAAAss/_ME2cgXP1T0/w616-h368-p-o/2013-04-25+20.32.28.jpg
        https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-L95BT3im4LE/UXn4FlO8WLI/AAAAAAAAAsw/7GqHUH1RRPk/w421-h703/2013-04-25+20.33.01.jpg
        https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-2iMo81mowLQ/UXn4GNqWZTI/AAAAAAAAAs0/Ghbi5rw9EEo/w1108-h663/2013-04-25+20.33.12.jpg

      • wallsx4@sbcglobal.net

          Message 4 of 6 , Apr 29, 2013
            Cool!

            "Benjamin C. Hitz" <hitz@...> wrote:

            Bart?

            Sent from my HTC smartphone on the Now Network from Sprint!