Re: [western_spartans] June Practice

  • Benjamin Hitz
    Message 1 of 11 , Apr 24, 2012

      Sounds awesome.

      On Apr 24, 2012, at 1:27 PM, dwdenham wrote:

      Spartans,

      I would like to hear back on the interest level of using Duchess's war in Wolfscairn as the June practice. I'm running the fighting which will still be all day resurrection battles with breaks about every hour. We ran it this way last years and it seemed to work out well. Also this year we will be introducing hay bale terrain to improve the fighting fun. So please respond and let me know what you all think.

      Bjarni

      --
      Ben Hitz
      Senior Scientific Programmer ** Saccharomyces Genome Database ** GO Consortium

    • owen matthew aurelio
      Message 2 of 11 , Apr 24, 2012
        If events count I'm for it. I do not really want my membership challenged because of practices, especially when me and 4 other people made every event for several years (by ourselves on most occasions). Being a Spartan has to be about more than making 6 practices a year.

        I agonized over the damned decision to make TC or the S practice, and really was unhappy about being put in that place.

        Now I am on the next Queen's guard and I have to do extra war practices with them. I am not going to end up making two different groups practices and events, its just not going to happen. I might have to bow out for awhile. I do not really want that to mean my place as a Spartan is in danger, but I'll be a man about it and live by the rules.

        Molon Labe.

        Egil

          Message 4 of 11 , Apr 25, 2012
            save me a seat please!
            -Miles

            --- In western_spartans@yahoogroups.com, joel schonbrunn <joel@...> wrote:

            > Apparently, I get a marvel no-prize.
            > The Duchesses war sounds delightful. My offer for transportation still stands.-Joel
            > To: western_spartans@yahoogroups.com
            > From: chad.lynch@...
            > Date: Tue, 24 Apr 2012 14:34:14 -0700
            > Subject: Re: [western_spartans] June Practice

            > Joel,
            > DW is June 9A&S is June 16
            > On Tue, Apr 24, 2012 at 1:51 PM, joel schonbrunn <joel@...> wrote:

            > Hi,
            > I have to check the logistics, since I will be teaching at the A&S event in Milpitas that weekend as well. If I am able to go, I am happy to take 3 passengers in my Westermark Van o'schlepping.
            > -Joel
            >
            > To: western_spartans@yahoogroups.com
            > From: baedric@...
            >
            > Date: Tue, 24 Apr 2012 20:27:16 +0000
            > Subject: [western_spartans] June Practice

            > Spartans,
            >

            > I would like to hear back on the interest level of using Duchess's war in Wolfscairn as the June practice. I'm running the fighting which will still be all day resurrection battles with breaks about every hour. We ran it this way last years and it seemed to work out well. Also this year we will be introducing hay bale terrain to improve the fighting fun. So please respond and let me know what you all think.
            >

            > Bjarni

            > --
            > Chad

          • Sof'ia
            Message 5 of 11 , Apr 25, 2012
              Obviously I am not a fighter or anything, but Egil, I think you should get a free pass until your baby is at least a toddler.

              ~Sof'ia