Salida California Annexation

  • Jesse & Virginia
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 15, 2013
      Fellow Libertarians,
      First off, I would like to say that I commend the work you do in fighting for the cause to maximize freedom and minimize government. I am an LP National Committee Member (# 09-52759) and have been since I discovered the truth about the 2 party oppression system in 2009. I donate what I can to the cause and hopefully will be able to contribute more to the cause someday.

      I am writing to you today in hope that you may be able to help our small town avoid an unwanted land grab and taxation annexation. I live in a tight knit community, Salida. We are bordering Modesto. We live in our community for multiple reasons, but a couple of the most important ones are that we are small and we are not an incorporated city or town of any sort. This helps us keep our taxes a little bit lower in a state that seems only interested in taking everything they can from us.

      I have included a couple of links on this email, one is a petition that we have going online and the other is a bit of information about what is happening to our small community. Are there any chances the LP can help expose this corrupt land grab and taxation or possibly just spread the word about our petition and help us fight the City of Modesto?

      I am sorry that I sent this email to many of you. I was just unsure where to take this cause.

      http://www.modbee.com/2013/02/11/2573212/salida-study-lays-out-costs-if.html

      http://www.change.org/petitions/stanislaus-co-board-of-supervisors-modesto-city-council-mayor-garrad-marsh-stop-proceedings-for-the-annexation-of-salida-by-the-city-of-modesto

      Please feel free to contact me.
      Thank You for your time!