Join FUKM today, especially if you're an American!

  • David Smith
    Message 1 of 12 , Mar 1 9:12 PM
      Helpless Britons appeal to France for "regime change"
      Herm� Gaspin, Paris correspondent, BNN, 28 February
      2003

      Graphic by Bassaleh News Network
      A group of British dissidents has appealed to France
      to invade the United Kingdom and bring about regime
      change. According to a spokeswoman at the Elysee
      Palace, French President Jacques Chirac received the
      request in a letter from a group of British exiles and
      "pro-democracy activists" calling themselves the "Free
      United Kingdom Movement" or FUKM, for short. BNN
      obtained a copy of the appeal in full:

      "Dear President Chirac, On behalf of the people of the
      United Kingdom, we appeal to you to help our suffering
      and once proud nation rid itself of a leader who
      defies the wishes of his people and is trying to drag
      our country into a bloody and senseless war of
      conquest against a distant nation that has done
      nothing to us.

      We have evidence that this leader has made a strategic
      alliance with the leader of a fanatical foreign cult
      that is bent on world domination. This cult is
      commonly known as "The Superpower." For years, The
      Superpower has been building bases all over our
      country, where it trains men in fighting, including
      how to drop bombs on civilians in distant nations from
      far above them. It is also stockpiling weapons of mass
      destruction in our country, including nuclear
      missiles. We are afraid that our leader and The
      Superpower he serves will drag us into a holy war.

      The international community and the United Nations
      Security Council are trying to stop this war, but our
      leader and The Superpower say they will simply
      disregard international law and do whatever they want.
      They disdain the will of the world, as well as our own
      will.

      Our desperate efforts to change this leader's course
      have come to naught. Millions of people came into the
      streets, and all our leader said was that if they did
      not go along with his war plans they would have blood
      on their hands. Our brave religious leaders, including
      the heads of the Anglican and Catholic Churches have
      appealed to our leader, and told him his path is
      immoral. He is defying them too, although he claims to
      be a religious man. Yesterday in our largely
      rubber-stamp parliament, more than one hundred and
      twenty members of the leader's ruling party dared to
      vote against him, and yet still he carries on pushing
      us to war.

      President Chirac, we are a small nation with many
      needs. Although we once tried to rule the world, we
      realized it wasn't for us. Today we have the highest
      rate of child poverty in the European Union. We can't
      even run our trains on time, and too often they fall
      off the tracks killing many people. Why is our leader
      spending billions of pounds on the folly of war?

      We desperately need democracy. Above our leader is an
      unelected "monarch" who spends billions of pounds on
      palaces all over the country, money that should be
      used on the needs of the people. Instead of moving
      democracy forward, our leader wants to roll it back.
      He has rejected calls for free elections for something
      we call the "House of Lords" and he insists on filling
      it with his appointed cronies. We no longer have the
      cherished right to remain silent in criminal
      proceedings. Almost every move we make is watched by
      closed circuit television cameras. President Chirac,
      we have many other problems as well. For example, our
      police have been found to be "institutionally racist"
      by human rights organizations. We have more people in
      prison per capita than any country in Europe (though
      not as many as The Superpower which imprisons millions
      of its people, mostly the poor and the non-white, in
      vast work camps.)

      With this grim situation before us, we feel we have no
      choice. We must appeal to the people of Old Europe, to
      immediately assemble a coalition of the willing to
      disarm our leader, expel the foreign cult and its
      horrible weapons, and to help us put in place a truly
      democratic republic. Please, President Chirac, act at
      once, before it is too late!

      Signed,

      "Free United Kingdom Movement" (FUKM)

      http://taxes.yahoo.com/