Fw: Redistricting California Conference

  • Allen Rice
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 3, 2009
      For them that's interested.

      Regards,
      Allen Rice

      ----- Forwarded Message ----
      From: "Kathay Feng, California Common Cause" <CauseNet@...>
      To: Allen Rice <amrcheck@...>
      Sent: Thu, December 3, 2009 11:55:50 AM
      Subject: Redistricting California Conference

      CauseNet
      Dear Allen,
      Last fall, with your help, Common Cause and the voters of California won a huge redistricting reform victory with the passage of Prop 11. We have taken the power to draw district lines out of the hands of the legislature and put it into a Citizens Redistricting Commission, but our work to ensure that California's districts are fair, representative and accountable has only just begun.

      Beginning on December 15, the California State Auditor will open the application process for the 14-member Citizens Redistricting Commission. We at California Common Cause want to make sure that we uphold our promise to the voters of California that this commission will be as diverse as California and representative of each of our geographic areas.

      California Common Cause has teamed up with a variety of other grassroots organizations to host a conference on Tuesday, December 15 to discuss the application process and procedures for the Citizens Redistricting Commission, and what we can all do to get the word out about this important civic opportunity.

      What: Redistricting California Alliance Conference
      When: Tuesday, December 15, 2009, 9:00am – 5:00pm
      Where: Los Angeles Equestrian Center , 480 Riverside Drive , Burbank , CA 91506
      Cost: Conference registration is free and includes breakfast, lunch and all conference materials.
      Register: http://www.commoncause.org/RedistrictingCA

      Please click to view the tentative conference agenda and answers to frequently asked questions.

      We need your help to get the word out about the 2010 Citizens Redistricting Commission to individuals and groups who will serve our communities interests on this important panel. We sincerely hope you will be able to join us for the conference on December 15. Please feel free to pass this invitation along to other Californians who might be interested as well.

      Sincerely,

      Kathay Feng
      and the rest of the team at California Common Cause

      Forward this email Give to Common Cause Visit the CommonBlog

      Common Cause is a national nonpartisan organization with chapters in 35 states. Our mailing address is 1133 19th Street NW, 9th Floor, Washington, DC 20036. Our phone number is (202) 833-1200.

      Remove yourself from this mailing.

      Remove yourself from all mailings from Common Cause.

      Modify your profile.