Re: [West Coast Libertarians] Bob Barr For President

  • Chris Edes
    Message 1 of 11 , Sep 30, 2008
      What should we do? We should do what we wish others were doing. If
      they're falling short, we need to step up and get the work done. Write
      a letter to the editor and call in to talk radio shows. Show up at your
      neighborhood association meeting with a Bob Barr t-shirt. Some
      businesses and universities provide a common area for pamphlets or signs
      to be left. If you know someone is a supporter, offer to buy them a
      bumper sticker or yard sign.

      There have to be more ideas out there. That's why we should all share
      them in a group devoted to that purpose.

      Chris Edes

    • Bruce Cohen
      Message 2 of 11 , Oct 1, 2008
        The pyramids weren't build by a bunch of lone wolves
        just showing up.

        And the LP, nor its Candidates, will achieve little this way.

        What's needed is organization and leadership by people
        who have talent, experience, creativity and character.

        Unfortunately, in California, there is none of the above
        available, so we are wasting our time pretending.

        As enthusiastic as I am for our Libertarian Party and
        Candidates, I have to realize when it's the right time
        for me to put my shoulder to it, and when it's not.

        I've been involved since the 70s.

        Now is not the time, as there is zero coordinated effort
        at any level, and one or two people trying to pick up
        the broken pieces of a failed campaign, or State/County
        organizations is just more burnout waiting to happen.

        Until and unless we get one, preferably both of the two,
        good LP organization/leadership, and/ or good Candidate
        organization/leadership, it's just a case of throwing good
        money and effort after bad/none.

        Bruce Cohen

        What should we do? We should do what we wish others were doing. If
        they're falling short, we need to step up and get the work done. Write
        a letter to the editor and call in to talk radio shows. Show up at your
        neighborhood association meeting with a Bob Barr t-shirt. Some
        businesses and universities provide a common area for pamphlets or signs
        to be left. If you know someone is a supporter, offer to buy them a
        bumper sticker or yard sign.

        There have to be more ideas out there. That's why we should all share
        them in a group devoted to that purpose.

        http://groups. yahoo.com/ group/Bob_ Barr_For_ President/

        Chris Edes

        > The two people running the show, Russ and Shane,
        > get nasty if people suggest things.
        >
        > They can't get their State Coordinators resources,
        > for whatever reason, as simple as names and
        > phone number so they can call them.
        >
        > What do you propose us to do?
        > Wave our magic mouse over our laptops and have
        > votes magically appear?
        >
        > Yes, I will vote for Bob.
        > I like Bob and Wayne a whole lot and they are
        > by far the best and only Candidates worth a lick.
        >
        > On the other hand, we have a brick wall at
        > campaign headquarters and I, for one, refuse
        > to continue banging my head against it.
        >

        > Bruce Cohen
        > 949 813-8001
        > 866 OC Bruce (866 622-7823) Toll free
        >
        > Bruce Cohen Sales - Import/Export and representation
        > to and from the US, Canada, Mexico, Japan and Thailand
        >
        > Past Chair - Libertarian Party of Orange County 2006
        >

        > Campaign and political consulting and management
        > www.GetBruce. Com
        > www.GetBruce. BlogSpot. com
        >

        > GOT Investment Real Estate
        > Full Service Real Estate Representation
        >
        > BCT - Limousine Services
        > Serving Southern California
        >
        > Coco Silk - Fine purses, accessories and jewelry
        > www.CocoSilk. com

      • Allen Rice
        Message 3 of 11 , Oct 1, 2008
          Bruce knows better than to make this claim:

          "What's needed is organization and leadership by people who have
          talent, experience, creativity and character. Unfortunately, in
          California, there is none of the above available."

          Any of us can come up immediately with 4 or 5 names of people who
          share the above qualities, be they current or past power-holders in
          the LPCA administration, idealists or pragmatists, grassrooters or
          administrative types, anarchists or authoritarians.

          We suffer as a group, not from a lack of talent, but from the apparent
          inability to recognize that ANY force in the upward direction on the
          Nolan chart is allied to our own, and ought to be suffered to survive
          (or not) on its own merits in the marketplace of political ideas.

          To paraphrase 'Scoop' Nisker, a DJ on KSAN radio eons ago:

          "If you don't like the way libertarian politics is done, go out and do
          some of your own."

          Regards,
          Allen Rice

          --- In westcoastlibertarians@yahoogroups.com, Bruce Cohen
          <brucedcohen2002@...> wrote:

          > The pyramids weren't build by a bunch of lone wolves
          > just showing up.
          >
          > And the LP, nor its Candidates, will achieve little this way.
          >
          > What's needed is organization and leadership by people
          > who have talent, experience, creativity and character.
          >
          > Unfortunately, in California, there is none of the above
          > available, so we are wasting our time pretending.
          >
          > As enthusiastic as I am for our Libertarian Party and
          > Candidates, I have to realize when it's the right time
          > for me to put my shoulder to it, and when it's not.
          >
          > I've been involved since the 70s.
          >
          > Now is not the time, as there is zero coordinated effort
          > at any level, and one or two people trying to pick up
          > the broken pieces of a failed campaign, or State/County
          > organizations is just more burnout waiting to happen.
          >
          > Until and unless we get one, preferably both of the two,
          > good LP organization/leadership, and/ or good Candidate
          > organization/leadership, it's just a case of throwing good
          > money and effort after bad/none.
          >

          > Bruce Cohen

        • Chris Edes
          Message 4 of 11 , Oct 1, 2008
            The problem is that we're lone wolves, yes. That's why we need to
            organize. If the campaign isn't being run well, let's change that right
            here, right now. There's six months between the convention and the
            election. We haven't made as much progress as we wanted to in the first
            five, but the most important month still lies ahead.

            If it isn't worth it to you, it isn't. I wont try to change your life
            priorities. Yet, you may not find better opportunities ahead. Next
            time we may nominate another zealot who will slide us back down under
            1%. I still want to see how high a score (i.e. vote total) we can get.

            Chris

          • Devon Showley
            Message 5 of 11 , Oct 3, 2008
              Hi Chris!  Yes, we need >1% !   I don't want to be a serf under central command and control of a President nor a Pharoah.  Let's build a free society, not pyramids.

              Best, d showley
              Who is John Galt?
              maccabeeliberty@...
              dlshowley@...