LP Straw Poll: Nolan, Russo split wins. New Issue poll: Gay Marriage

  • Mike Ferguson
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 1, 2004
      http://cass.molp.org/polls.htm

      With 1,001 votes cast in the February LP Presidential
      Straw Poll, the race continues to be tight among the
      three top contenders.

      Gary Nolan won the overall voting with 355 votes.
      Aaron Russo finished in second place with 307 votes.
      Michael Badnarik finished third in February with 200
      votes.

      Of those who said they are going to be at the LP
      convention in Atlanta, though, 43.6% said they will be
      voting for Russo (compared to Nolan's 31.3% and
      Badnarik's 19.3% of the vote in that category).

      The complete results can be found at:

      http://cass.molp.org/cgi-bin/vote.pl?name=Feb2004&action=view

      *************************
      New issue poll:

      "What is the most appropriate solution to the 'Gay
      Marriage' controversy?"

      There are seven answers to choose from.
      ************************

      The 2004 Cumulative vote totals can be found at:

      http://cass.molp.org/2004totals.htm

      Enjoy the voting this month, in this second to last
      month of the LP 2004 Presidential Straw Poll.

      Mike Ferguson
      Libertarian Candidate for Missouri Lt. Governor
      http://www.mikeformissouri

      Project Coordinator, LP 2004 Presidential Straw Poll

      =====
      "They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."
      - political "extremist" Benjamin Franklin

      "In the rush to cure all the ills to which humans are heir, liberty is too often an innocent bystander -- and an accidental casualty." --Barry Goldwater, 1964

      http://antispam.yahoo.com/tools
    • Steven
      Message 2 of 3 , Mar 1, 2004
        I saw that webpage and noticed that among the candidates listed for
        the Vice-President on the LP ticket, Eric Rittberg (aka "Eric
        Dondero") is mentioned.

        Eric is an ex-Libertarian Party member who is now with the Republican
        Liberty Caucus. Why is he regarded a Vice-Presidential candidate if
        he's with the Republican party? Did he actually make a formal
        announcement that he is running?

        Also, the hyperlinked article to Eric's name is a June 2001 LP press
        release saying that Eric is planning an "all-out war" against the LP.

        As I recall, it is against the National LP Bylaws to support a
        candidate if said candidate is registered with a party other than the
        LP.

        So, why would the LP have this guy for its V-P candidate?

        Steven
        Sacramento, CA

        --- In westcoastlibertarians@yahoogroups.com, Mike Ferguson
        <michaelaferguson@y...> wrote:
        > http://cass.molp.org/polls.htm
        >
        > With 1,001 votes cast in the February LP Presidential
        > Straw Poll, the race continues to be tight among the
        > three top contenders.
        >
        > Gary Nolan won the overall voting with 355 votes.
        > Aaron Russo finished in second place with 307 votes.
        > Michael Badnarik finished third in February with 200
        > votes.
        >
        > Of those who said they are going to be at the LP
        > convention in Atlanta, though, 43.6% said they will be
        > voting for Russo (compared to Nolan's 31.3% and
        > Badnarik's 19.3% of the vote in that category).
        >
        > The complete results can be found at:
        >
        > http://cass.molp.org/cgi-bin/vote.pl?name=Feb2004&action=view
        >
        > *************************
        > New issue poll:
        >
        > "What is the most appropriate solution to the 'Gay
        > Marriage' controversy?"
        >
        > There are seven answers to choose from.
        > ************************
        >
        > The 2004 Cumulative vote totals can be found at:
        >
        > http://cass.molp.org/2004totals.htm
        >
        > Enjoy the voting this month, in this second to last
        > month of the LP 2004 Presidential Straw Poll.
        >
        > Mike Ferguson
        > Libertarian Candidate for Missouri Lt. Governor
        > http://www.mikeformissouri
        >
        > Project Coordinator, LP 2004 Presidential Straw Poll
        >

        > =====
        > "They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little
        > - political "extremist" Benjamin Franklin
        >
        > "In the rush to cure all the ills to which humans are heir, liberty
        is too often an innocent bystander -- and an accidental casualty." --
        Barry Goldwater, 1964

        > http://antispam.yahoo.com/tools
      • Fred Mangels
        Message 3 of 3 , Mar 1, 2004
          --- In westcoastlibertarians@yahoogroups.com, "Steven"
          <stevenhw@l...> wrote:
          > I saw that webpage and noticed that among the candidates listed for
          > the Vice-President on the LP ticket, Eric Rittberg (aka "Eric
          > Dondero") is mentioned.
          > > Eric is an ex-Libertarian Party member who is now with the
          Republican
          > Liberty Caucus. Why is he regarded a Vice-Presidential candidate
          if
          > he's with the Republican party? >
          > So, why would the LP have this guy for its V-P candidate?

          Sorry for posting the poll info again. Thought I received it thru a
          different list.

          In regards to Dondero, it could be that you can't register to vote as
          a libertarian in Texas (I think) and you can be considered as a
          candidate if your state doesn't allow LP registration. Some states
          don't allow party registration, at all, as I understand it, you're
          just "enrolled", or some such designation.