Olivier Fo Governor

  • fredtyg
    Message 1 of 127 , Mar 1, 2002
      Ok, write this name down: Art Olivier<br><br>Art
      Olivier, the Libertarian Mayor of Bellflower, CA, is
      running a write in<br>candidacy for Governor on the
      Libertarian Party ticket. His candidate web<br>page is at
      the ballot in the usual<br>way? well, he went in to
      file his papers last year and, much to his
      surprise,<br>found out he wasn't registered to vote as a
      Libertarian. Apparently he<br>neglected to check off the LP
      box on the voter registration card last time
      he<br>registered to vote and they had him listed as Decline to
      State. So, he<br>couldn't file papers and per LP Bylaws
      had to wait a certain period of time<br>to file
      papers as a Libertarian.<br><br>Anyway, to vote for
      Olivier, you need to fill in the space on the ballot
      just<br>like you're selecting any other candidate for Governor
      and then write in the<br>name "Art Olivier" in the
      space where the candidate's name would normally
      be.<br>I believe the space will have "write in" next to
      it. Probably a good idea to<br>write the name down on
      your sample ballot so you remember.<br><br>I believe
      the other LP Candidate for Governer, Gary Copeland
      has endorsed<br>this write in campaign. Be sure and
      get every registered LP voter you know to<br>write in
      Olivier for Governor. As this is a last minute thing most
      LPers<br>won't know about it and might naturally select Copeland
      since he's the one on<br>the ballot.
    • fredtyg
      Message 127 of 127 , Mar 28, 2002
        --- > How then did he get on the ballot as the Libertarian VP
        candidate in
        > Ca?

        I don't know. Could be that registration as an LP voter isn't
        required for Presidential Candidates. Nader wasn't a registered
        Green, either.