Re: [west_coast_derby_gallery] Re: XDDL

  • carl mikkelsen
    Message 1 of 122 , May 1, 2007
      Most use Mopar here. The guy with the Chevy in a lincoln, he had a nova front sump pan on it. Fit nice.

      steve robinson <stris141@...> wrote:
      Lewie, I really don't know. I never did that many engine swaps when I
      ran. But I saw that in the Turlock rules. Sounded like a good deal to
      me. I'm sure someone with your talent, could make one work.LOL

      Steve

      In west_coast_derby_ gallery@yahoogro ups.com, Lewie Bambauer
      <orlandderbygod11@ ...> wrote:

      > Steve what motor do you run??? My chevy motor wont work like that
      in half the cars

      > steve robinson <stris141@.. .> wrote: My pennys worth. I
      like the idea of Reno. Maybe in late May or Nov.
      > sometime. I like most of Wes's ideas. But for the motor, do like
      > Turlock. #1 spark plug has to be even with the center of spindles.
      > Hood bolts must be to body only, and no bigger than 1/2".
      Doors/trunk
> [...]
      > > weather. I say weld doors and trunk with smaller
      > > plate, bolt hood, no body bolt changes, stock springs,
      > > some cars you have to move motor back to fit. Reno
      > > would be a blast(too bad it was not indoors). just my
      > > 2 cents, thats worth a penny.
      > >
      > > --- John Daniels <mojodaniels@ > wrote:
      > >
      > > > Jeff I agree with the rule change. We were going to
      > > > bring a couple of cars, but I saw a few and passed.
      > > > Moving motors back, floors cut out, bars thru the
      > > > frame and trunk, springs moved.etc. I know you could
      > > > get more drivers. The other problem is it is the
      > > > timing is bad. This area is rice farming area and
      > > > alot of us are planting at the time you have the
      > > > derby. At this time of year we are all running 7
      > > > days a week sunup to sun down. If you want more cars
      > > > and some other of the local drivers, Move it to the
      > > > mid of may or end. We would be able to bring at
      > > > least 3 cars then. But we dont spend 3 months
      > > > building a car that can only run once.
      > > > Glad to see a mopar up there, espically since
      > > > people said they couldn't complete against linc,
      > > > chevy wagons or mercs.
      > > >
      > > > Just my two cents worth. And yes if the rules are
      > > > tuned down we will show, espically in Reno, LOL
      > > >

      > > > Jeff James <jjdemoderby@ > wrote:
      > > > Hey California Drivers,
      > > >
      > > > The XDDL show was a great start for the ESPN
      > > > telecasts. The guys brought killer cars, which were
      > > > built and painted professionally. It is the only
      > > > place in the country that OLD SCHOOL IRON will be
      > > > battling. Even though it was raining, the track was
      > > > dry and the hits were impressive. NO SANDBAGGERS
      > > > showed up!
      > > >
      > > > Next year however, we are going to tone down the
      > > > rules so more drivers can compete. The XDDL rules
      > > > take alot of time to build, and you cannot use that
      > > > car in any other event in California. Next year.
      > > > Weld the doors only, trunks and hoods open for
      > > > inspection, chained or maybe bolted shut. Weld the
      > > > bumpers solid, stiffen up the suspension, and race
      > > > it that way.
      > > >
      > > > I think things worked out well this weekend. Very
      > > > little drama other than the usual snibbling. The
      > > > cars were built awesome and everyone said that
      > > > everyone else was cheated of course! The ESPN
      > > > people were blown away and we can do it again next
      > > > year. Any advise on how the XDDL can get better,
      > > > just email, call, or post it here.
      > > >
      > > > We will post the standings soon. The Madd Dogg
      > > > went to Matt Bradley from Woodland. He didnt make
      > > > the main, but broke the ESPN in-car camera and never
      > > > let his foot off the gas pedal. Best Performance
      > > > went to Ed Jones from San Francisco. It was his
      > > > second derby EVER, came with a Chevy 2 door, never
      > > > sanbagged and ended up fourth place in the main
      > > > event.
      > > >
      > > > The one problem with California is insurance for
      > > > the event. If we did this next year, would guys
      > > > travel to Nevada? The difference in the insurance
      > > > is more than $3,000. We could probably pay a bigger
      > > > purse. Let's do Reno next year! We could have a

    • carl mikkelsen
      Message 122 of 122 , May 4, 2007
        We go every year. Had the yellow 4 dr Plymouth.

        Mark <foreveryours@...> wrote:
        Yeah, I was there. That was a fun race. My car is candy apple red
        over white with a skull on the roof #77. It's hard to miss. What did
        you think of the race ?
        Mark

        --- In west_coast_derby_ gallery@yahoogro ups.com, carl mikkelsen