Re: [west_coast_derby_gallery] Re: 73 olds wagon

  • lionsderby@aol.com
    Message 1 of 9 , Dec 1 6:19 AM
      Also, a big company, like Unical for example, can get "emmision credits" by crushing cars. they are removing smog from the cars, so allowed to make their own pollution. Crappy deal.
    • junkernutz@cs.com
      Message 2 of 9 , Dec 1 8:18 AM
        I've found out that the car has had to failed a smog, and be labeled a gross polluter to qualify for the buy back program also.
      • noscougar909
        Message 3 of 9 , Dec 2 11:25 AM
          We used to have a program like that here. You had to have the car
          currently registered in your name for 2 years and it had to move on
          its own power. I never saw any good derby cars go through it though.
          It kind of sucks to think $500 of your tax dollars paid the lady to
          crush a good derby car.

          --- In west_coast_derby_gallery@yahoogroups.com, junkernutz@c...
          wrote:
          > I've found out that the car has had to failed a smog, and be
          labeled a gross
          > polluter to qualify for the buy back program also.
        • ken cornwell
          Message 4 of 9 , Dec 2 7:27 PM
            I went to the junkyard today to check to see if they crushed it yet,
            It was still there. It had a pinto sedan stacked on the roof that
            would make a good mini derby car. Same thing car buy back!! As I went
            to the office I noticed a 75 New Yorker 2dr flattened in the
            crusher.I offerd the junkyard owner $700 for it figuring I could sell
            the motor for some of my money back. He said NO, its getting crushed.
            I give this jerk a dozen used derby cars a year and this is how he
            pays me back. --- In
            west_coast_derby_gallery@yahoogroups.com, "noscougar909"

            Message 5 of 9 , Dec 2 9:37 PM
              The yard just does the processing. They can't let the car go if it is in the program.