Re: [west_coast_derby_gallery] Turlock list

  • P. carl V
    Message 1 of 17 , Nov 30, 2011
      when exactally is the turlock derby??

      From: carl mikkelsen <lionsderby@...>
      To: Derby <west_coast_derby_gallery@yahoogroups.com>
      Sent: Tuesday, November 29, 2011 11:05 PM
      Subject: [west_coast_derby_gallery] Turlock list

      I got in an accident and will be off work for awhile. Can't do anything, getting board. In wheel chair. I need to update our driver list. Some names are lost, some addresses changed.  If you are interested in rules/entry next year e mail your address. If you got rules in the mail this yera you prolly good unless you moved. Thanks. Hope I'm getting around by then.

    • carl mikkelsen
      Message 2 of 17 , Dec 3, 2011
        Don't know yet. The fair has not said. Used to be Mon/Tues last week in July.Last year the fair moved up 2 weeks.The day during the fair's run may change. Normally  would be July16 and 17

        I got in an accident and will be off work for awhile. Can't do anything, getting board. In wheel chair. I need to update our driver list. Some names are lost, some addresses changed.  If you are interested in rules/entry next year e mail your address. If you got rules in the mail this yera you prolly good unless you moved. Thanks. Hope I'm getting around by then.

      • Mark Cabral
        Message 3 of 17 , Dec 6, 2011
          Turlock Derby is July 22-23 Sat- Sun

          Message 4 of 17 , Dec 7, 2011
            i kno it's early  rulz??

            Message 5 of 17 , Dec 7, 2011
              . Just got Official date. Friday July 20 and Saturday July 21

              Message 6 of 17 , Dec 7, 2011
                does anybody happen to have a set of last years rulz i could get??

                Message 7 of 17 , Dec 7, 2011
                  Send address we can mail some. But, thing will change in the rules.  Times, dates, money, building,

                  Message 8 of 17 , Dec 8, 2011
                    ok carl,     patrick vance    p.o. bx  219  big pine ,  ca   93513

                    Message 9 of 17 , Dec 8, 2011
                      I rode through Big Pine last Sept. Long damn ways from Turlock.

                      Message 10 of 17 , Dec 8, 2011
                        tru but sometimes u have to .  in order to derby with some of the best.

[...]

                      • Modrac2
                        Message 11 of 17 , Dec 8, 2011
                          Carl. I know you do make all the rules and approve them all. But was wondering if you or lions club would be open to making rules a little more like other derbys. I like the welded bumpers great rule change but whats your idea of hood bolts like 4 1 inch bolts not attached to frame in any way also the dist protector to 12 inch. It is a size allowed in most derbys in my case I have one that big did not think of it adding strength when I built car. I cut the firewall for clearence if wanted to make stronger would have not cut it. Just a few suggestions I have I would like those also if allow welded trunks. Cars and getting hard to get and cost more would be great to make last as long as possible. Thanks for taking time to read this.

                          does anybody happen to have a set of last years rulz i could get??

                          . Just got Official date. Friday July 20 and Saturday July 21

                          Don't know yet. The fair has not said. Used to be Mon/Tues last week in July.Last year the fair moved up 2 weeks.The day during the fair's run may change. Normally  would be July16 and 17
                          I got in an accident and will be off work for awhile. Can't do anything, getting board. In wheel chair. I need to update our driver list. Some names are lost, some addresses changed.  If you are interested in rules/entry next year e mail your address. If you got rules in the mail this yera you prolly good unless you moved. Thanks. Hope I'm getting around by then.
                        • John
                          Message 12 of 17 , Dec 8, 2011
                            Hate to tell ya, but Carl doesnt make the rules. Its the old guys on the lions club. He has been trying to make changes and they still think its the 70's and dont want change. Talk to the lions club, they'll tell ya its Carl so they dont have to deal with it. A friend and I have asked for some changes, but they wont hear of it.

                            Message 13 of 17 , Dec 8, 2011

                              Hate to tell ya, but Carl doesnt make the rules. Its the old guys on the lions club. He has been trying to make changes and they still think its the 70's and dont want change. Talk to the lions club, they'll tell ya its Carl so they dont have to deal with it. A friend and I have asked for some changes, but they wont hear of it.

                              --- In west_coast_derby_gallery@yahoogroups.com, Modrac2 <modrac2@...> wrote:

                              > Carl. I know you do make all the rules and approve them all. But was wondering if you or lions club would be open to making rules a little more like other derbys. I like the welded bumpers great rule change but whats your idea of hood bolts like 4 1 inch bolts not attached to frame in any way also the dist protector to 12 inch. It is a size allowed in most derbys in my case I have one that big did not think of it adding strength when I built car. I cut the firewall for clearence if wanted to make stronger would have not cut it. Just a few suggestions I have I would like those also if allow welded trunks. Cars and getting hard to get and cost more would be great to make last as long as possible. Thanks for taking time to read this.

                              ------------------------------------
                              I know he doesnt make the rules and stated that in the comment I made. It was just an idea he could take to lions club was just an idea. It would be nice to see a little similar rules to other derbys.
                              Yahoo! Groups Links

                              <*> Your email settings:
                                  Individual Email | Traditional

                              <*> To change settings online go to:
                                  (Yahoo! ID required)

                              <*> To change settings via email:
                                  west_coast_derby_gallery-digest@yahoogroups.com
                                  west_coast_derby_gallery-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

                                  http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

                            • John
                              Message 14 of 17 , Dec 8, 2011
                                Sorry, but you wrote he makes all the rules and approves them. Maybe ya made a mistake and think faster than ya write. I do it alot.

                                Message 15 of 17 , Jan 5, 2012
                                  I'm getting around better. Out of the wheel chair now. My fat ass didn't fit the cool custom one JD made anyway.. Went Lions tonight. We already are changing nights, purse and other stuff. The rules are gonna get rewritten. Re formatted from the old 70's layout. The Lions are open to allowing most common available parts.I wanna do hood bolts. Someone asked to allow bumpers to be welded. (they did not know we started that last year.) Have to draft something up and discuss. Don't build your too far yet.