Re: [west_coast_derby_gallery] Re: Los Banos last night

  • carl mikkelsen
    Message 1 of 26 , May 1 6:15 AM
      I know the Vics. I work on cop cars. We have an aluminum sub frame in the junk pile. A cop wrecked it.Do they take the rack out and put a box in?

      Message 2 of 26 , May 1 7:50 AM
        they remove the entire center aluminum sub frame. all the steering ,a-arms,and engine x member/cradel... then you have to weld in the x member center section that goes under your oil pan, the entire piece.it runs from frame rail to frame rail..you got to cut em out of older crown vics or impalas..(donor car) the upper and lower a-arm brackets have to be welded on to. so major fab work to get em to work. they ARE a beast when all this is done. theyve been outlawed in many states and canada due to how dominate they are when all this fab work is allowed to occur. i personally see no problems with running them if you dont have to do all that welding to make em work.
        heres a thread on how their built.....

        http://srt.suddenlaunch.com/index.cgi?board=ford&num=1253567202&action=display&start=30

      • P. carl V
        Message 3 of 26 , May 1 8:58 AM
          hey troy i wonder how much frans techs got put in their pockets for letting those cars pass??

          your right it was dirty dave...(all them holts look the same)lol

          and yes all the 03 and newer crown vics have an aluminum undercarriage,its like a cradel that holds the engine,control arms and steering...
          their letting them remove all that and weld in total frame sections from other cars... its alot of work,..kind of funny how their rules say "frames must be in oem condition" and of course "no welding on frames" is thrown right out the window..
          yes they didnt allow one of the cars to run but i heard it was due to the rear leafs..my guess is thell chage em out to a legal set and thell get in at sac or san jose....
          and destroy everyone!
          congrats to the holts for hanging in there..their patience paid off..i would of loaded my shit up and left...
          (shows ya how smart i am)

          --- In west_coast_derby_gallery@yahoogroups.com, carl mikkelsen <lionsderby@...> wrote:

          > ________________________________

        • carl mikkelsen
          Message 4 of 26 , May 1 11:02 AM
            Maybe there is one new guy that doesn't know any better.

            hey troy i wonder how much frans techs got put in their pockets for letting those cars pass??

            your right it was dirty dave...(all them holts look the same)lol

            and yes all the 03 and newer crown vics have an aluminum undercarriage,its like a cradel that holds the engine,control arms and steering...
            their letting them remove all that and weld in total frame sections from other cars... its alot of work,..kind of funny how their rules say "frames must be in oem condition" and of course "no welding on frames" is thrown right out the window..
            yes they didnt allow one of the cars to run but i heard it was due to the rear leafs..my guess is thell chage em out to a legal set and thell get in at sac or san jose....
            and destroy everyone!
            congrats to the holts for hanging in there..their patience paid off..i would of loaded my shit up and left...
            (shows ya how smart i am)

            --- In west_coast_derby_gallery@yahoogroups.com, carl mikkelsen <lionsderby@...> wrote:

            > ________________________________

          • troy t
            Message 5 of 26 , May 1 11:51 AM
              you know what? to be fair i think the tech guys did a good job for the most part..i seen em using a scope..(this is good)...they also cut frames after the derby..not a lil but alot...(this is good)

              im puzzled why they would let a car in that had so much welding/ fab work on it. could be he drove a long way,could be due to who it was, could be they really dont know what their looking at,could be the same old bs...need the $$/car count. i really dont think the techs are putting anything in their pockets...
              they need to tell a driver CUT ALL THAT SHIT OFF OR LOAD IT UP!
              once they made the president, and the word got out drivers wouldn't build or show with cars so far out of the rules...i know not to show up at some shows beyond the rules...they dont bs around..
              --- In west_coast_derby_gallery@yahoogroups.com, "P. carl V" <bdd_99@...> wrote:

              > hey troy i wonder how much frans techs got put in their pockets for letting
              > those cars pass??
              >

              > ________________________________

            • brandonh1331
              Message 6 of 26 , May 1 12:21 PM
                I was thinking. what if you took a 64 merc and put leaf springs and a straight axle in the front. This could be done with little or no welding and would be closer to the rules than completely refabbing the front of a crown vic. Then shorten the rear springs and you have a merc that would destroy imps heads up and round back wagons back to back. That would be a heck of a car.

              • joshiebgood@yahoo.com
                Message 7 of 26 , May 1 12:23 PM
                  Sounds like a good outlaw car.

                  From: "brandonh1331" <brandon_missy@...>
                  Sender: west_coast_derby_gallery@yahoogroups.com
                  Date: Sun, 01 May 2011 19:21:21 -0000
                  To: <west_coast_derby_gallery@yahoogroups.com>
                  ReplyTo: west_coast_derby_gallery@yahoogroups.com

                  I was thinking. what if you took a 64 merc and put leaf springs and a straight axle in the front. This could be done with little or no welding and would be closer to the rules than completely refabbing the front of a crown vic. Then shorten the rear springs and you have a merc that would destroy imps heads up and round back wagons back to back. That would be a heck of a car.

                  --- In west_coast_derby_gallery@yahoogroups.com, "troy t" <troytagvtown@...> wrote:

                  > you know what? to be fair i think the tech guys did a good job for the most part..i seen em using a scope..(this is good)...they also cut frames after the derby..not a lil but alot...(this is good)
                  >
                  > im puzzled why they would let a car in that had so much welding/ fab work on it. could be he drove a long way,could be due to who it was, could be they really dont know what their looking at,could be the same old bs...need the $$/car count. i really dont think the techs are putting anything in their pockets...
                  > they need to tell a driver CUT ALL THAT SHIT OFF OR LOAD IT UP!
                  > once they made the president, and the word got out drivers wouldn't build or show with cars so far out of the rules...i know not to show up at some shows beyond the rules...they dont bs around..
                  > --- In west_coast_derby_gallery@yahoogroups.com, "P. carl V" <bdd_99@> wrote:
                  > >
                  > > hey troy i wonder how much frans techs got put in their pockets for letting
                  > > those cars pass??
                  > >

                  > >________________________________

                • troy t
                  Message 8 of 26 , May 1 12:45 PM
                    sounds like that would be a hole lot easier than cutting the hole cross member and suspension out of an impala and welding it all back in on a newer ford..ive got to admire all the welding and fab work that they did to the 03 vics.. not an easy task, and it looked semi stock...(if ya didnt know)
                    --- In west_coast_derby_gallery@yahoogroups.com, "brandonh1331" <brandon_missy@...> wrote:

                    > I was thinking. what if you took a 64 merc and put leaf springs and a straight axle in the front. This could be done with little or no welding and would be closer to the rules than completely refabbing the front of a crown vic. Then shorten the rear springs and you have a merc that would destroy imps heads up and round back wagons back to back. That would be a heck of a car.
                    >
                    > --- In west_coast_derby_gallery@yahoogroups.com, "troy t" <troytagvtown@> wrote:
                    > >
                    > > you know what? to be fair i think the tech guys did a good job for the most part..i seen em using a scope..(this is good)...they also cut frames after the derby..not a lil but alot...(this is good)
                    > >
                    > > im puzzled why they would let a car in that had so much welding/ fab work on it. could be he drove a long way,could be due to who it was, could be they really dont know what their looking at,could be the same old bs...need the $$/car count. i really dont think the techs are putting anything in their pockets...
                    > > they need to tell a driver CUT ALL THAT SHIT OFF OR LOAD IT UP!
                    > > once they made the president, and the word got out drivers wouldn't build or show with cars so far out of the rules...i know not to show up at some shows beyond the rules...they dont bs around..
                    > > --- In west_coast_derby_gallery@yahoogroups.com, "P. carl V" <bdd_99@> wrote:
                    > > >
                    > > > hey troy i wonder how much frans techs got put in their pockets for letting
                    > > > those cars pass??
                    > > >

                    > > > ________________________________

                  • Ryan
                    Message 9 of 26 , May 1 3:01 PM

                      Anyone got a ford 9" for sale in Orland area?

                      Sent from my iPhone

                    • carl mikkelsen
                      Message 10 of 26 , May 1 6:08 PM
                        If you didn't know. Must be the new guy.

                        sounds like that would be a hole lot easier than cutting the hole cross member and suspension out of an impala and welding it all back in on a newer ford..ive got to admire all the welding and fab work that they did to the 03 vics.. not an easy task, and it looked semi stock...(if ya didnt know)

                        --- In west_coast_derby_gallery@yahoogroups.com, "brandonh1331" <brandon_missy@...> wrote:

                        > I was thinking. what if you took a 64 merc and put leaf springs and a straight axle in the front. This could be done with little or no welding and would be closer to the rules than completely refabbing the front of a crown vic. Then shorten the rear springs and you have a merc that would destroy imps heads up and round back wagons back to back. That would be a heck of a car.
                        >
                        > --- In west_coast_derby_gallery@yahoogroups.com, "troy t" <troytagvtown@> wrote:
                        > >
                        > > you know what? to be fair i think the tech guys did a good job for the most part..i seen em using a scope..(this is good)...they also cut frames after the derby..not a lil but alot...(this is good)
                        > >
                        > > im puzzled why they would let a car in that had so much welding/ fab work on it. could be he drove a long way,could be due to who it was, could be they really dont know what their looking at,could be the same old bs...need the $$/car count. i really dont think the techs are putting anything in their pockets...
                        > > they need to tell a driver CUT ALL THAT SHIT OFF OR LOAD IT UP!
                        > > once they made the president, and the word got out drivers wouldn't build or show with cars so far out of the rules...i know not to show up at some shows beyond the rules...they dont bs around..
                        > > --- In west_coast_derby_gallery@yahoogroups.com, "P. carl V" <bdd_99@> wrote:
                        > > >
                        > > > hey troy i wonder how much frans techs got put in their pockets for letting
                        > > > those cars pass??
                        > > >

                        > > > ________________________________

                      • troy t
                        Message 11 of 26 , May 1 6:23 PM
                          didnt know there was a new guy? or are you just joking?

                        • carl mikkelsen
                          Message 12 of 26 , May 1 6:24 PM
                            Kurtis, Josh, and a new guy.

                            didnt know there was a new guy? or are you just joking?

                            --- In west_coast_derby_gallery@yahoogroups.com, carl mikkelsen <lionsderby@...> wrote:

                            > If you didn't know. Must be the new guy.
                            >

                            > ________________________________

                          • eric
                            Message 13 of 26 , May 1 6:26 PM
                              The new guys name was Darryn. Don't know where he was from,

                              Sent from my BlackBerry® smartphone with Nextel Direct Connect

                              From: carl mikkelsen <lionsderby@...>
                              Sender: west_coast_derby_gallery@yahoogroups.com
                              Date: Sun, 1 May 2011 18:24:21 -0700 (PDT)
                              To: <west_coast_derby_gallery@yahoogroups.com>
                              ReplyTo: west_coast_derby_gallery@yahoogroups.com

                              Kurtis, Josh, and a new guy.

                              didnt know there was a new guy? or are you just joking?

                              --- In west_coast_derby_gallery@yahoogroups.com, carl mikkelsen <lionsderby@...> wrote:

                              > If you didn't know. Must be the new guy.
                              >

                              >________________________________

                            • carl mikkelsen
                              Message 14 of 26 , May 1 6:49 PM
                                Saturday night Dave got 2nd. Brian Holt won. 12 cars.

                                your right it was dirty dave...(all them holts look the same)lol

                                and yes all the 03 and newer crown vics have an aluminum undercarriage,its like a cradel that holds the engine,control arms and steering...
                                their letting them remove all that and weld in total frame sections from other cars... its alot of work,..kind of funny how their rules say "frames must be in oem condition" and of course "no welding on frames" is thrown right out the window..
                                yes they didnt allow one of the cars to run but i heard it was due to the rear leafs..my guess is thell chage em out to a legal set and thell get in at sac or san jose....
                                and destroy everyone!
                                congrats to the holts for hanging in there..their patience paid off..i would of loaded my shit up and left...
                                (shows ya how smart i am)

                                --- In west_coast_derby_gallery@yahoogroups.com, carl mikkelsen <lionsderby@...> wrote:

                                > ________________________________

                              • Steve S.
                                Message 15 of 26 , May 1 7:27 PM
                                  Probably Darryn Adams. He is friends with the Holts. Just like Kurtis...

                                  From: carl mikkelsen <lionsderby@...>
                                  Sender: west_coast_derby_gallery@yahoogroups.com
                                  Date: Sun, 1 May 2011 18:24:21 -0700 (PDT)
                                  To: <west_coast_derby_gallery@yahoogroups.com>
                                  ReplyTo: west_coast_derby_gallery@yahoogroups.com

                                  Kurtis, Josh, and a new guy.

                                  didnt know there was a new guy? or are you just joking?
                                  --- In west_coast_derby_gallery@yahoogroups.com, carl mikkelsen <lionsderby@...> wrote:

                                  > If you didn't know. Must be the new guy.
                                  >

                                  >________________________________

                                • troy t
                                  Message 16 of 26 , May 1 7:55 PM
                                    ive got a complete ford 9..from a 59 mercury..its got brakes and everything..stock gears..150.00 and my boys will meet ya somewhere on I-5

                                  • livekillerdie@yahoo.com
                                    Message 17 of 26 , May 1 7:57 PM
                                      Narow, wide, drum, or disc? What kind you want

                                      Sent via DROID on Verizon Wireless

                                      Anyone got a ford 9" for sale in Orland area?

                                      Sent from my iPhone

                                      On May 1, 2011, at 12:45 PM, "troy t" <troytagvtown@...> wrote:

                                      sounds like that would be a hole lot easier than cutting the hole cross member and suspension out of an impala and welding it all back in on a newer ford..ive got to admire all the welding and fab work that they did to the 03 vics.. not an easy task, and it looked semi stock...(if ya didnt know)
                                      --- In west_coast_derby_gallery@yahoogroups.com, "brandonh1331" <brandon_missy@...> wrote:

                                      > I was thinking. what if you took a 64 merc and put leaf springs and a straight axle in the front. This could be done with little or no welding and would be closer to the rules than completely refabbing the front of a crown vic. Then shorten the rear springs and you have a merc that would destroy imps heads up and round back wagons back to back. That would be a heck of a car.
                                      >
                                      > --- In west_coast_derby_gallery@yahoogroups.com, "troy t" <troytagvtown@> wrote:
                                      > >
                                      > > you know what? to be fair i think the tech guys did a good job for the most part..i seen em using a scope..(this is good)...they also cut frames after the derby..not a lil but alot...(this is good)
                                      > >
                                      > > im puzzled why they would let a car in that had so much welding/ fab work on it. could be he drove a long way,could be due to who it was, could be they really dont know what their looking at,could be the same old bs...need the $$/car count. i really dont think the techs are putting anything in their pockets...
                                      > > they need to tell a driver CUT ALL THAT SHIT OFF OR LOAD IT UP!
                                      > > once they made the president, and the word got out drivers wouldn't build or show with cars so far out of the rules...i know not to show up at some shows beyond the rules...they dont bs around..
                                      > > --- In west_coast_derby_gallery@yahoogroups.com, "P. carl V" <bdd_99@> wrote:
                                      > > >
                                      > > > hey troy i wonder how much frans techs got put in their pockets for letting
                                      > > > those cars pass??
                                      > > >

                                      > > > ________________________________

                                    • Ryan
                                      Message 18 of 26 , May 1 8:01 PM
                                        The width from a lincoln about, I don't have the exact measurements.  Just prefer that it hasn't been welded up yet

                                        Sent from my iPhone

                                        On May 1, 2011, at 7:57 PM, "livekillerdie@..." <livekillerdie@...> wrote:

                                        Narow, wide, drum, or disc? What kind you want

                                        Sent via DROID on Verizon Wireless

                                        Anyone got a ford 9" for sale in Orland area?

                                        Sent from my iPhone

                                        On May 1, 2011, at 12:45 PM, "troy t" <troytagvtown@...> wrote:

                                        sounds like that would be a hole lot easier than cutting the hole cross member and suspension out of an impala and welding it all back in on a newer ford..ive got to admire all the welding and fab work that they did to the 03 vics.. not an easy task, and it looked semi stock...(if ya didnt know)
                                        --- In west_coast_derby_gallery@yahoogroups.com, "brandonh1331" <brandon_missy@...> wrote:

                                        > I was thinking. what if you took a 64 merc and put leaf springs and a straight axle in the front. This could be done with little or no welding and would be closer to the rules than completely refabbing the front of a crown vic. Then shorten the rear springs and you have a merc that would destroy imps heads up and round back wagons back to back. That would be a heck of a car.
                                        >
                                        > --- In west_coast_derby_gallery@yahoogroups.com, "troy t" <troytagvtown@> wrote:
                                        > >
                                        > > you know what? to be fair i think the tech guys did a good job for the most part..i seen em using a scope..(this is good)...they also cut frames after the derby..not a lil but alot...(this is good)
                                        > >
                                        > > im puzzled why they would let a car in that had so much welding/ fab work on it. could be he drove a long way,could be due to who it was, could be they really dont know what their looking at,could be the same old bs...need the $$/car count. i really dont think the techs are putting anything in their pockets...
                                        > > they need to tell a driver CUT ALL THAT SHIT OFF OR LOAD IT UP!
                                        > > once they made the president, and the word got out drivers wouldn't build or show with cars so far out of the rules...i know not to show up at some shows beyond the rules...they dont bs around..
                                        > > --- In west_coast_derby_gallery@yahoogroups.com, "P. carl V" <bdd_99@> wrote:
                                        > > >
                                        > > > hey troy i wonder how much frans techs got put in their pockets for letting
                                        > > > those cars pass??
                                        > > >

                                        > > > ________________________________

                                        Recent Activity:
                                          Yahoo! Groups
                                          Switch to: Text-Only, Daily DigestUnsubscribe
                                        • carl mikkelsen
                                          Message 19 of 26 , May 1 8:28 PM
                                            Did not know he was Holt's" friend".Everyone knows Holts and Kurtis. I don't think the tech guys do the scoring. Don't know.It's hard to run a business. Sometimes you need help and hire the wrong people.

                                            From: carl mikkelsen <lionsderby@...>
                                            Sender: west_coast_derby_gallery@yahoogroups.com
                                            Date: Sun, 1 May 2011 18:24:21 -0700 (PDT)
                                            To: <west_coast_derby_gallery@yahoogroups.com>
                                            ReplyTo: west_coast_derby_gallery@yahoogroups.com

                                            Kurtis, Josh, and a new guy.

                                            didnt know there was a new guy? or are you just joking?
                                            --- In west_coast_derby_gallery@yahoogroups.com, carl mikkelsen <lionsderby@...> wrote:

                                            > If you didn't know. Must be the new guy.
                                            >

                                            >________________________________

                                          • blockhead269
                                            Message 20 of 26 , May 2 7:58 AM
                                              Darryn isn't new. He has been around derys longer than me.

                                            • carl mikkelsen
                                              Message 21 of 26 , May 2 4:25 PM
                                                As  a tech?

                                                Darryn isn't new. He has been around derys longer than me.

                                                --- In west_coast_derby_gallery@yahoogroups.com, carl mikkelsen <lionsderby@...> wrote:

                                                > Did not know he was Holt's" friend".Everyone knows Holts and Kurtis. I don't
                                                > think the tech guys do the scoring. Don't know.It's hard to run a business.
                                                > Sometimes you need help and hire the wrong people.

                                              • Shawnesti Machado
                                                Message 22 of 26 , May 2 4:36 PM
                                                  Yes he is new as a tech, Daryn has been doing derbies for over 10 years now like the rest of the guys from south Modesto.

                                                  As  a tech?