~Puritan Pulpit =the eater Sermon (1Corinthia 15:1-58)"new lifeby resurrection

  • charlesfinney_99
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 1 5:08 AM
      Happy blessed Eaters all members,welcome to Puritan Church!

      *Call for Worship(finney):"Shall we rise and worshp the Lord in this
      Eater and Lord Day!"

      *Congregation arises and meditate: (citing apostles' creed)
      *Reading of Holy Ten commandments: (reading one by Finney&another by
      congregation)
      *Hymn singing:-Christ Arose" rev.r.Lowry
      "Low in the grave He lay-Jesus my Saviour! Waiting the coming day-
      Jesus my Lord!
      Chorus) Up from the grave He arose, With a mighty triumph o'er His
      foes;
      He arose a Victor from te dark domain,And He lives for ever with His
      saints to reign; he arose! He asose! Helleluyah! Christ arose!
      *PRAYER BY a MEMBER OF CONGREGATION:
      "Dear Heavenly Father,thank you for protecting us last week in this
      tumultous world,and gather us together in this blessed Easter and
      Lord Day again. Truly the world is now blossoming,showing the
      wonder of resurrection in this spring-time. Lord help us to
      understand great mercy in your resurrection and make us holy and true
      so we also can participate in resurrection. In Jesus Name. AMEN

      *SERMON(1corinthian 15:1-58)"CHRIST&RESURRECTION&OUR HOPE"
      "In Old Testament,there were mentions of eternal life and
      resurrection,but they werent clear. After Jesus came and went to
      Heaven,GOD gave us blessed gospel through great works of Jesus the
      gift from heaven,the WORDS OF GOD,in showing us heavenly
      mysteries,and New Covenant. Corinthia chap15 is a gospel GOD gave us
      through Paul.
      Now we know the resurrection in clear light as well as Coming of the
      LORD in Glory,future world,and way to heaven. We all must thank
      Jesus for His Works and made Himself worthy to reveal heavenly secret.
      Vs 1-12;the historicity of resurrection;
      After his death,Jesus arose to show Himself to 12 disciples and 500
      members at one time. and by the time of this writing,Paul claimed
      more than HALF of that numbers were still alive!
      If resurrection of Christ is false,12 disciples,along with 500,then
      numerous christians couldnt have testified of the same event,and
      boldly preached,even to the point of death.
      This MUST be historic event! You just cant explain so many eye-
      witnesses risking lives to proclaim it without saying this is actual
      occurrence.
      *MAIN THEME OF CHRISTIANITY-RESURRECTION IS CENTRAL TO OUR FORGIVENSS
      &SALVATION:
      vs 13,"but if there is no resurrection of the dead,then christ is not
      risen...then our preaching is in vain.."
      Believing the historical resurrection fo Jesus is really central to
      our faith,since,our belief in Jesus,his atoning Blood,forgivness of
      our sins presuppose OUR BEING saved from DEATH and our being
      resurrected!
      Christ being an atonement,means we will be forgiven of our sins, and
      since our sins are responsible for our physical,and spiritual
      death,forgivenes must necessarily mean Deliverance from death and
      hell,into heaven and eternal life.
      *JESUS THE FIRST FRUIT OF DEAD:Then,WE ARE THE NEXT
      All died in sins through Adam. No one has died,then resurrected.
      vs 22"For as in Adam all die,even so in Christmakk shall be made
      alive" Vs 20,indictes christ IS the first fruit from the dead.
      This is the EVENT! All died and perished,and without hope from
      grave,but Christ by rising from dead,conquored death and sin,AND able
      to resurrect us!
      "those in christ",vs23,shall be resurrected afterward in great
      resurrection,then the end shall come.
      us who follow Jesus,and abide in Him,Shall be resurrected together!
      This is our hope in repenting our sins in his BLOOD and purifying our
      selves.
      *HOW WE WILL BE RESURRECTED: OURBODY(SEED)--SOWN--NEW BODY
      vs 35 to50,,tells us how the resurrection will be and what is new
      BODY in resurrection. Apostle told us how seed must be sown for new
      plant to come out from it;our currrent body and soul shall be a seed
      out of which comes NEW HEAVENLY BODY!
      Adam gave us death;second Adam(Jesus) will give us "life-giving
      spirit. Thus,first Adam gave us earthly body,but second Adam, from
      Heaven,shall give us spiritual body,never dying.
      *MYSTERY OF SUDDEN TRANSFORMATION-RESURRECTION OF ALL SAINTS BY LAST
      TRUMPET:
      There is a festival of harvest with trumpet sound in the OLD
      TESTAMENT. This is a symbol and prophecy of COMING GREAT HARVEST AND
      GATHERING OF SOULS.
      At some day, there shall be great Trumpet,and Dead shall arise
      suddenly out of grave(vs52),,,and We(those who are living at that
      time),shall also be changed and resurrected!

      *VICTORY IN JESUS:
      Vs 55,"O death,where is your sting? O Hdaes where is your victory"
      We will be all raised from the power of sin,death and grave,and put
      on eternal life,and NEW BODY,thus totally conquering death and satan.

      How can we be resurrected and partake in Jesus/saint's resurrection?
      Vs 58....Be steadfast,immovable...
      Vs 2...hold fast that words which I preached to you

      Repent in blood of Jesus,obey ten commandments,daily mortify to stay
      in christ(not sinning),,,then,we shall either die and resurrected
      OR,stay alive AND resurrected!

    • j_earp
      Message 2 of 3 , Apr 1 7:37 PM
        I am stunned that one who thinks he is so consecrated as charles
        finney_99 would have anything to do with the Paganistic holiday
        Easter. My image of you is shattered. :-p
      • charlesfinney_99
        Message 3 of 3 , Apr 1 8:06 PM
          The LORD asked the Israelites to observe Passover because it
          represents deliverance from slavery in Egypt.
          This,as you know,bro Earp,look forward Jesus deliverance us from
          power of sins by his Blood.
          Thus,during Passover,our LORD died.

          OF course,we dont regard festivals of old testament as condition of
          salvation(works of Law),since they merely points toward Jesus's
          atonement and sacrificae and salvation.

          WE know catholics observe Easter mixing with paganism. And attach
          such importance to it's observation along with idolatrous rituals and
          festivity.

          Well,us christian must repudiate this,deviating from true idea of
          Easter,BUT as a christian, we must remember Easter in true spirit.

          Another day we must remember is LORD DAY,,this is both resurrection
          day of our redemption and creation of the world.

          Keeping LORDDAY IS keeping 4th commandments AND keeping LORD DAY as
          new covenant,thus condition of salvation.

          I wouldnt say keeping Easter is a condition of salvation,but it is
          important Day for all christians.