Our own way is iniquity

  • DBee
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 29, 2008
      Isa 53:4Surely he hath borne our griefs, and carried our sorrows;
      yet we did esteem him stricken, smitten of God, and afflicted. 5But
      he was wounded for our transgressions, he was bruised for our
      iniquities; the chastisement of our peace was upon him; and with his
      stripes we are healed. 6All we like sheep have gone astray; we have
      turned every one to his own way; and the Lord hath laid on him the
      iniquity of us all. 7He was oppressed, yet when he was afflicted he
      opened not his mouth; as a lamb that is led to the slaughter, and as
      a sheep that before its shearers is dumb, so he opened not his
      mouth. 8By oppression and judgment he was taken away; and as for his
      generation, who among them considered that he was cut off out of the
      land of the living for the transgression of my people to whom the
      stroke was due? 9And they made his grave with the wicked, and with a
      rich man in his death; although he had done no violence, neither was
      any deceit in his mouth.